Monday, November 21, 2011

Annual Gray Ghost Run

I want to be a runner. One that can run as effortlessly as I do walk. For some reason, though, it just hasn't become that easy. I was excited this year to do the Gray Ghost 5k because at the beginning of the month we did a 10K and it was horrible. I thought I was going to die. It was so hot and there were so many hills that I literally felt like I was going to pass out. It was the worst running experience I have had, so far. So after a race like that, I thought the Gray Ghost would be fun and it was! I just love seeing all the costumes and the crowds, waiting for the parade, always have so much energy that you can't help but enjoy the run! The fact that I got to run it with my daughter and our friends was icing on the cake!
This years theme, 80's Rock Girls.

and I think we finished 4 minutes or so faster this year!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

preeeeety much rocked it!

Anonymous said...

Oh geez! Look at all of us! I love how ridiculous we look. So fun!