Sunday, August 14, 2011

You Have to Try This...

If you have an opportunity to try something fun over a campfire, try orange peel cupcakes.

Our Sister Ward, Elm Creek, invited us to do a fun dessert with them up at camp. We met the night before to have walking tacos with them, which were fabulous, and then their leader showed me how to cut the orange and dig out the insides. I didn't realize that we needed to keep both halves...yikes, so thankfully they saved us, again!
It was messy, but fun.
WE mixed chocolate and vanilla cake mixes, poured some in one of the halves, stuck the other half on top and wrapped them in tin foil and baked them over coals for 20 mins.
WE then added some frosting and they were sooooo good!

6 comments:

The Gant's said...

It looks like you had a great time! The camp director really makes or breaks camp and knowing you, you rocked it for all the girls!

Kristen said...

It really didn't fall on my shoulders... but thank you for flattering me! I went up there with two very amazing women that are also my friends. It was just the right balance!

shantel said...

Hmmm.... looks interesting!

Danny and Shalayne said...

that is genius! I'm going to pass this on to my sister - she is the camp director for her ward and I'm sure she will love this. amazing!

Heathertime said...

Can't wait to try this!! Thanks for the idea. I would have never known.

:)

Audrey said...

I love doing that!