Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Who is THIS MAN?

Benjy and I attended a U2 concert in Las Vegas during our 3rd year of marriage. I remember watching him scream, jump around and sing every word to every song. I was thinking, "Who is this Man?" Of course it's obvious that he is a huge U2 fan but I had never witnessed so much enthusiasm in this way before from my somewhat reserved husband. It was really fun to watch and I enjoyed the experience immensely.

Our sister-in-law had recently attended a concert in Salt Lake and we were talking about it with her a couple of weeks ago and Benjy was dying that he hadn't bought tickets for their last concert.

About a week later, his friend, who he hadn't talked to in months, called him up and said, "I have two extra tickets. Would you and your daughter want to go, I am bringing my oldest daughter." Of course I was a little jealous but I was so excited for Kaydree to have this experience with her dad. Then she said to me, "Mom it was kind of weird seeing dad so crazy!" She was such a trooper, after swimming at Bunker Beach all day with a friend, she came home, changed and ran out the door. She was so tired and it rained really hard on them and they didn't get home until 2AM. Benjy said they were stuck in the parking garage for an hour and a half. She woke up without any complaints and made it to church at 9AM, on time. My dad use to say, "You can't party all night and sleep all day!" Benjy felt like it wasnt' the best parenting having her out so late but it is an experience she will treasure forever....


Of course, Benjy, was the Man behind the camera, so I don't have one of him and the smile on his face, but trust me, it was there for days and while reading this post, I am sure he is still smiling from ear to ear!



This really was a dream come true for Benjy and the fact that his friend offered it so selflessly, still brings tears to my eyes. The kinds acts that amazing people do always inspires me to be a little better and try a little harder to bring joy into someone elses life.

5 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

What a memory Kaydree will have forever. We are glad Benjy was able to go and enjoy everything himself but to be able to share it with his daughter is something he will cherish forever as well....

The Seaman Family said...

That is so awesome! What a great time and a wonderful experience by all!

Laurel Criddle said...

Love it! I was so so excited for him too because I know how amazing it would be for him! So happy to hear of great people offering the tickets and of course the time he had! Yay!

Anonymous said...

google seo seo website promotion backlinks website backlinks

Danny and Shalayne said...

my heart started pounding with excitement to see these pictures...they take me back to that amazing concert that I want to be at right now and every day for the rest of the month :) I'm glad benjy loves u2 as much as I do!