Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It Felt Really Good

to be back at home for a week. Funny, how I call going to my parent's house, HOME. They didn't move into this house until after I was married and had a child, but it is HOME to me. There really is truth to the saying, "Home is where the Heart is..." Yes, we have our HOME, as in, where my little family lives, in the cities, however going to my parents and not only being a wife and a mother but a daughter, granddaughter, cousin and niece is really nice. At the last minute we changed our schedule and the kids and I took a couple of days to spend down at my parent's house.


I sent this picture to Benj while we were there and he said, "I can tell that he has been with Grandpa, He has Grandpa's hair style, the comb over!"

The kids helped freeze corn and can tomato juice. They absolutely love doing this every year, as for me....not so much.

We then went to my Aunt and Uncle's house, out in the country, for dinner.

A little boys, Heaven!

The girls want to bring their dog, Cooper, home. It was funny watching him try to keep the kids in one area, when one would wonder off, he would go over and try to bring them back together.


The best part was that half way through the week, I left the kids at my parent's house and met Benjy for our Annual trip to Arrowwood Resort in Alexandria. We have gone for the last 4 years so Benjy can take some Continuing Legal Education courses and attend meetings and I can chill out and read a good book! We are required to attend two dinners and a luncheon. We dress up for the Friday night Banquet and I always look forward to enjoying a meal that I am not rushing through or entertaining a toddler at...
This year...the bonus was this cake. For the record, I have not had a diet soda with caffeine since July 8th. That is my hubby's in the background!
I did however, enjoy every bite of this cake! I guess it was alright...? ;-)

4 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Loved having you guys here and it is fun to include the kids in the canning and freezing of corn. They do enjoy it We had a great time It is funny Benjy knows Kyce has been at grandpas because of the hairdo Spencer knew Kenna had been at grandpas because she was into Pawn Stars.....Oh the memories....

Danny and Shalayne said...

that is nice that you and Benjy have a yearly get-away like that. Can we make Hawaii with us your second yearly get-away?! Please oh please :) I need more Kristen time.

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like you guys have been busy and having a great summer! when does school start? the kiddos are sure growing up, especially that little Kyce! ALl of them are too cute!

Linz said...

"Back home" for me is always my parent's house, and maybe it always will be. So glad you could go! But we were very glad to have you back.