Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It Takes a Village To Raise A Child.

Baking isn't my strong point and to be honest, I don't like to do a lot of it because then, "a lot of it," tends to get eaten by me. It seems very selfish and I do break down at times and bake. I know that I have shared this with others and thank goodness that there are people in our lives like the Kastels. She invited Daydee, as Kycycle calls her, and one of her friends over to have a baking day. I am so thankful for all of the people who influence our children, love them, take them in, teach them and nurture them. It brings me peace to know that others will help fill in, in the areas that I need to improve on.

She made these adorable aprons for them, of course when they got home, she had to share it, not only with her little sister, but brother, too!

They also whipped out a couple of pizzas for lunch in the process.

Of course they were all smiles when I picked them up! Who wouldn't be?
I guess they decorated special cookies for B. Kastel.
They both went home with a load of cookies like this. Do you ever feel like you are just blessed beyond measure? It meant so much to us that they would take time out of their busy schedules to make one of our children feel so special and of course they have done this with many others, too! There are always people in our lives who inspire us to do a little better and give a little more!

1 comment:

Danny and Shalayne said...

that is so fun! I want your girls to come stay with us for a couple of weeks in the summer and we will bake up a storm!!! and play play play! Oh that sounds fun and I hope it will happen! I agree that there are so many wonderful people that I am so grateful for their influence in Ada's life.