Monday, September 29, 2008

River Falls Quick Trip

This is my friend Amanda. We met in 1997 when I was coaching her brother Adam in track. We started running together and have been friends for 11 years now! Some of my fondest memories with Amanda were on our drive out to Las Vegas when I moved out there in 1998. We went to River Falls yesterday for her brother Adam's wedding reception.
It was a beautiful drive, great food and fun seeing old friends from RF and faculty from the University. These are two of her children. Maddie (soon to be 7) and Rachael (5) are close to Kaydree and Karsyn's ages and they have a blast together.
Timmy, her son refused to have his picture taken. He was very sad to be leaving River Falls. I know the feeling. It is an amazing little place tucked back in the beautiful rolling hills of Wisconsin!
This is my friend Becki Borg (Dumond). We became friends in 1995 when I was her Resident Assistant and then we went on to be roommates and lost touch over the years and thanks to facebook have been able to reconnect again! Karsyn and her daughter Anna have hit if off already too!
It was a quick trip over there and back and yet it meant so much to me. Benjy just loves to do these types of social events.... ;-) uh huh, yeah right! He swears he is introverted by nature? He was so accommodating yesterday and we had a nice time catchin' up with my friends. I love being able to share memories and people that have helped shape me into who I am today, with my family!

5 comments:

Serena said...

How fun to catch up old friends! They all seem to have girls about Kaydree and Karsyn's ages. We hope you had a great time!! The weather looks awesome!

Andie said...

Fun pictures! Isn't it great to revisit people and places that bring back such happy memories?

Becki D said...

We had a great time catching up!

Kathy Koch said...

I miss going to River Falls especially this time of year. What a nice way to spend the day and I know Ben was on his best behavior and how lucky you are that he is such a good sport...You had some awesome years over in River Falls and I still get a little meloncholy when fall comes around and memories of moving you back over there during your college years.

stephanie said...

Such good memories in River Falls...where I met you and Becki!! Wish I was there with you two, too!!