Friday, September 26, 2008

Just a Normal Day to Remember.

Yesterday I was a GUEST TEACHER (sub) at Blaine High School and as I walked in I saw two girls and I thought, "Wow, I am getting old. Wait, is that the style now? I hope it is Wacky Day or I am REALLY getting old. I don't even think that fashion is cute and I ammmmmm tooooo old to wear that!" Relief came when the secretary let me know it was Wacky Day. Whew... Then I thought, " Ahhhh... remember those days when I did those wacky kind of innocently dumb things, just to do them because I had no worries or anything better to do? " Oh what fun!
When we are usually waiting for Benjy to get home from work, the girls and I sit down with some good books and read. Karysn brought home her preschool homework, which was a webkinz named Cocoa. Karysn had picture day and Benjy had to do her hair in the morning. It was kind of funny...he had some serious anxiety about having to do that, but he actually did great pony tails. Again, he always has the ability to amaze me!
Kaydree loves reading Weird School books. She is currently reading, Mr. Docker is off his Rocker. I love this time of day when it is peaceful and quiet and we are all waiting for our man of the house to get home! I finished the 6th Harry Potter book and yes, Korin, I cried!
When Benjy gets home our quiet home errupts into a big burst of energy. The girls always go running to the door, screaming, "Daddyyyyyyyy, Dad is home." Charlee barks and runs around and I finally get my hottie husband hug that I have been waiting alllllll day for. Well....since lunch time, I guess we did eat lunch together, yesterday. I also wonder, who liked her computer homework more, Karysn or Benjy and guess who was a little envious? Kaydree is feeling a little deprived....her comment, " I have never gotten a webkinz for homework!" A great way to end the day with BREAkFast for SUPPER! My mom makes french toast with a little orange juice in it. You have to use a loaf of french bread and cut it into 1 inch pieces for the right taste! Ohhhh it was so good with powdered sugar and cool whip. I love Kaydree's face in this picture! Just a normal day, but one I want to remember!

11 comments:

Audrey said...

I remember WACKY days!!!!
I think we should do that at church one day and see what bishop says.

p.s. I did post my Thankful Thursday now:)

Luann said...

I love the normal days with special touches, those are some of my favorite childhood memories.

The Miller Family said...

That looks like so much fun! Breakfast for dinner is always such a fun way to end the day!

The Seaman Family said...

Looks like a wonderful day. I love those days and ending with breakfest...yummy yummy. One of our favorites.

Serena said...

Your girls look so serious reading their books. I don't think I ever had a Webkinz for homework either. I love having breakfast for dinner. Actually we have cereal for dinner quite a bit just because I am lazy!!

Andie said...

My kids would be SOOOO jealous of webkinz homework! Apparently 3rd grade is very taxing on Abby...just this morning we had a huge argument about why she doesn't want to go to her talent development class. Maybe I'll tell her I'm sending her back to preschool...

Ashton & Co. said...

What a fun day- those are great to record and remember. Cute pics!

shantel said...

That french toast looks pretty tasty! Way to go Benjy on the hair-do,after 4 girls Mike still doesn't have the hair thing down!

Kathy Koch said...

I knew Benjy could do it I look forward to seeing her school pictures. I am up early this morning and have not had breakfast yet and that french toast sounds so good. It is so true some of the least eventful moments are some you carry in your heart as a special thought to remember. one of mine is being stuck in a blizzard and everybody was safe at home but I can almost guarantee you kids were not reading at least not your brothers...

Tina said...

I cried too. Looks like you guys have fun reading waiting for daddy to get home :-) Our time consists of crying over homework, yelling at kids, and spilling stuff on the kitchen.........oh and pulling Jake down from things :-D ha ha ha We need to get together!!!!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

I guess it was the year for men hair days! I had PT so Mark had to do Emma's hair for her picture, too. He, also, did a great job with a ponytail! My sister's kids love Webkinz. I've considered one for Kathryn. What do you think? How about one for Emma? Is she too young? My sister thought so.