Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kaydree's First Day of School.

What an exciting time. I can't believe Kaydree is starting Second Grade. She woke up 2 hours early and was ready to go. She was a little nervous about her teacher.
We had heard from multiple sources that Kaydree got a very strict teacher. I really didn't mind, I am all about an environment where learning can take place and where there is structure and high expectations. What I didn't want was for her to have a teacher that would curb her love for learning.
She had a Father's Blessing the night before and we said our family prayer in the morning. Karsyn asked for a blessing on Kaydree that she would have a good day and like her teacher. In fact Karsyn told her, "Kaydree, you just have to have a positive attitude." As she approached the bus, the excitement wore off and fear set in. With tears in her eyes, Kaydree got on the bus. I worried about her all day and had a constant prayer in my heart. When she got off the bus she came bouncing across the street with a big smile and said, " Mom, whatever you do, don't switch my class! I love my class, my teacher is funny, she knows when the kids are being naughty (one kid kept burping and she knew right away who it was), she gave some of us stickers for being good, I love school, lunch was awesome, I had sooooooo much fun!"
Ahhhhhh to think about all the un-needed worries. I just love this time of the year and all the excitement. I do miss being able to set up my own classroom for the beginning of the year, but I enjoy living these moments as a parent and being on the other side of the First Day of School.

8 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

I am so glad that Kaydree had such a great day. She is such an amazing little girl and she can overcome and do a lot. So good for her to see all the greatness there is in this class. Enjoy the rest of the week Kaydree.

Serena said...

I am so glad to hear that Kaydree likes her teacher. That will make going to school a lot easier. We hope Kaydree has a great year!!

Kathy Koch said...

What a relief when Kaydree got home from school and finding out she had an awesome day. I find myself worrying as much about my grandkids activities as I did my own kids and as we said the other day worrying for naught...Have a great year in second grade Kaydree.

Samantha Hussong said...

I'm glad to hear she had a great day! I dopped Bella off this morning for kindergarten and I was having issues with her going and she just turns around and says "Bye Mom" like leave already. I'm sure she is doing fine but I feel like I need to go peak in the windows and make sure she is okay. I know - I will be fine!

Emily said...

Happy 1st day of school Kaydree. You look so cute and old:) I am glad your teacher is awesome and that you love school just like your mom did.

shantel said...

I'm glad Kaydree had a good day at school its always so scary on the 1st day of school. So your a free lady tomorrow,have a great day Karsyn!

Andie said...

Yay Kaydree! I hope Karsyn's day goes equally as well. Glad to hear it wasn't TOO hard for the mom on the first day of preschool! ;-)

Laurel Criddle said...

K can I just say that you should get an award for blogging? You are a mega blogger!!!

Kaydree looks like such a big girl! I am dreading the day Ryan goes to school. I think I'll be one of those mothers crying. hahaha