Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We've Never Been So Excited To...

FINISH A BOOK...
I have decided to invest my time in the Harry Potter Books. My niece Korin, has been wanting me to read these for years...so I have decided to find a way! I have checked out the first three books along with the audio books. I have to be able to still be productive while reading these books, so....I listen to Harry Potter when I am on the computer, driving and doing house work. Let's just say the girls are not as enthusiastic about Harry Potter, yet! I have finished and returned book 1. GO TO THE DENTIST...
We have an awesome Children's Dentist in Elk River that the girls love going to. They actually were counting down the time to go. When we got there, there was another four year old screaming her head off. When they called Karsyn's name...she jumped out of my lap smiling and ran over to the hygienist and grabbed her hand. When they came back Kaydree was smiling from ear to ear because they had more than just Princess toothbrushes.. because she is sooo passed that stage, you know! The hygienist was laughing when she brought Karsyn back she said, "Karsyn didn't care about the stickers or the toys.. all she kept asking for was a new Princess toothbrush. That is all she cared about!" NO CAVITIES and the dentist told them they were awesome little brushers! I am so thankful they are not scared of the dentist and that they have always had positive experiences there!

TO DO THE LAUNDRY..

We have been fortunate to have a couple home repairs this summer. The last three Benjy was able to fix himself and the dishwasher....well let's just say my leaning up against it, took care of the problem...our washer on the other hand....not sooooo much. After our last one filled the house with smoke, we went and bought some new belts for it and immediately the new belts started to smoke and burn, so we decided our free washer... had finally bit the dust. (sorry dad) We hated to have to do this, but we invested in a front loading washer. ;-O ummm! yeah...it was my dream to get one! I love it. It was only $80 more than their cheapest top loading washer, so we went for it!
The problem is... that I want to sit in my laundry room all the time watching it and listening to it. It sounds like a waterfall and it is so peaceful to watch the clothes getting washed. I hope this will wear off soon, after all, outside summer is coming to an end so we should be out enjoying what we have left of nice weather!

12 comments:

Andie said...

If I had that washing machine I would definitely be living in laundry room too. It's so pretty!

I think Karsyn looks a little like that cute gymnyst, Shawn Johnson, in that picture of her and Kaydree on your couch.

Kathy Koch said...

I am envious I would love a front loader but since I got a new washer not so long ago I guess I will have to wait. Good job girls at the dentist I wish they would have had dentists in my day that were good with kids maybe I would not dislike going so much now...Kris remember the dentist in Brighton You kids definitely had horror stories and funny stories about him

Audrey said...

I don't understand why everyone loves front loading washers!!? I hate loading the dryer, therefore I'm pretty sure I would hate loading front loading washer:)

P.S. I avoided the HP books for the longest time because I tend to not want to be a part of anything that culturely brain washing, but I ended up LOVING them too!

Serena said...

So how does Harry Potter compare to the Twilight series? I do like to watch the HP Movies but I don't think I will read the books.

Your girls are soo cute! I am glad you found a dentist you love.

Congratulations on a new washing machine. It's always nice to know your machine will work and you don't have to drive to a laudry mat. Although you can meet some interesting people at the laudry mat. LOL

Nicole said...

Glad to see you got a front loading washing machine. I like mine a lot. I'm even more glad to hear that you like HP. The guy who narrates the audio books is awesome.

Tammy said...

I also love my front loading washer, my clothes seem to get so much more clean. However, I can't say that I want to sit and watch, so not relaxing for me, maybe it's my kids screaming in my ear!!!

Tina said...

yay I'm glad you started reading Harry Potter!!! I am going to buy the first couple Twilight books today at Target (after I found out the wait at the library was about 500 people)

I have nothing to say about the washer. I hate laundry. ;-)

Korbi said...

Did you really post at 5 in the AM?? I too am envious of your new front loading washer. Get those Harry Potter's read!!! Then go watch the movies...

The Seaman Family said...

i love your front loader. I would love to get one of those someday! Hey at least it makes the chore a little funner and more peacful!

Unknown said...

Hi Kristen we are so happy to know that the girls had a good experience at the dentist. Seems that you have also couple little helpers to dothe laundry WOW! That's nice. Thanks for all the updating with special little things in your family. Kisses and hugs for all of you.

Love Motha in WA

Luann said...

Watch out for a big box in the mail. IF you enjoy doing laundry so much what is a friend to do but share her laundry and feed your habit.

Funny after our phone call you have started Harry Potter, and I have finally started reading Twilight.

Laurel Criddle said...

I LOVE front loading washers! Can you believe that our apartment came with one?! The first time I ran it I was in shock at how quiet it was! Love it! I bet laundry is a tad bit more enjoyable now huh?