Friday, August 15, 2008

Ahhh... What a Get A Way!

Every year for our anniversary gift, my parents watch our girls so we can get away, just the two of us, for a weekend. I recently heard my mom say, "We could give them money or a gift, but what we enjoy doing more, is to give them our time!" I can not tell you how important it is for us to have this time just for the two of us! Karysn told Grandma and Grandpa, "My dad is taking my mom out on a date over night!" The girls think they are getting the real deal, actually! So we are all very happy!

This year Benjy decided to attend The Minnesota Association for Justice (Trial Lawyers) annual meeting...uh huh?! Meeting.....right...at Arrowwood Resort in Alexandria, Minnesota. Families are encouraged to attend so we thought we would jump on this opportunity. OH HOW WE KNOW... JUST HOW BLESSED WE ARE!
Here are a couple pictures from our patio! The mini golf course is right below us! This morning was so beautiful...breath taking on the lake!

Last night we attended a social dinner at Bug A Boo Bay Caribbean Style Restaurant, overlooking Lake Darling. There was a great Caribbean band and the food was awesome! We met some really fun couples, one couple asked us if they could sit by us and they happened to have just moved to Minnesota last February, from Moses Lake, Washington. Which is 20 minutes from Benjy's hometown. They have two little girls and they knew many of Benjy's friends and family... it's a Small, Small World! We also enjoyed an unbelievable magic show! I didn't take any pictures because no one else brought a camera, so I didn't want to look too touristy!
While we are here, Benjy is attending some continuing legal education classes, required for keeping up his licence, so what will I be doing during that time.....? I am getting ready to go for a run around the lake.
and.... I brought plenty of reading material! They have a an indoor and outdoor pool...and we are surrounded by a lake....ummmm I think I will be just fine!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like you are keeping busy. I love relaxing vacations. Enjoy your time away, it always ends too soon.

Audrey said...

I was wondering where you have been!

Serena said...

I hope you enjoy your weekend away! Looks like a beautiful place. How fun to meet people who are familiar with your family. Was the couple members?

Kathy Koch said...

I am so glad you are enjoying yourselves up at Arrowwood because we are enjoying ourselves down here. I have not been in the hotel but have pulled up to the dock and it looked like a beautiful place. Enjoy and we will see you tomorrow.

shantel said...

It looks like your staying in an amazing place,and that is something so special being able to get away for the weekend with your hubby.Enjoy! I'm totally jealous!

Emily said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I love that your parents do that for us! I get so anxious and am so ready when our weekend comes around each year. I am thinking about having a renewal of vows wedding just so we can have two weekends each year...ha,ha! Enjoy the rest of your time together.

Danny and Shalayne said...

Dear Kristen. I am having fun in Provo Utah with dimples and the baby girl. I'm sorry but somehow, somewhere, sometime my computer does not allow me to post any comments. See if you can give me a new computer. Seriously, I don't know what the deal is and Laurel has tried to fix it. I love the pictures. Be good. Have Fun. and take care of the tribe. Love, Mom from Othello, Washington State

The Seaman Family said...

That looks awesome. Enjoy your quiet alone time! Looks beautiful there.

Ashton & Co. said...

what a fun getaway! Your parents sound like awesome people! How luck to have them close to take the kids... What a beautiful place... glad you enjoyed yourselves and were able to get a break from normal life for a while. So needed for everybody!