Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kaydree and Kenna's Week at Grandpa and Grandma's House

I am sure Kaydree will be blogging about these memories in the near future. When we arrived at G&G House, Kaydree wanted to know when the time would start that Grandma was in charge of her. We got there on a Wednesday night and she wanted to know when her time there without (parental supervision) would begin, since I wasn't leaving to go home for 4 more days. Another words, was I still going to be parenting while I was there, or was whatever Grandma says, would go? I wonder why, she cared so much about that? Probably because Grandma doesn't say, "No," as much. Probably because Grandma doesn't make her always comb her hair, and Grandma gets her breakfast! In fact just about every morning before Kaydree went to G&G House, she has wanted to get her and Karsyn's breakfast. Since she has been back she seems to have lost the need to do that?
Kaydree and Kenna are the best of buds. They didn't even Nit-pick this year. Last year Grandpa named them the Nit-pickers! I guess they liked to tattle tale in the past, but not this year!
Kaydree and Kenna should have grown a set of scales by now, they spent most of their time there in the water! They loved it! Kaydree is sportin' a nice little tan!
After Grandpa taught them how to drive the tractor, I guess they consider themselves, mean little tractor drivers! They think they can take on any tractor chore!
This is their beloved (crabster) as they call it. I guess they even had to fight off some other swimmers to gain control? King of the Crabster... games!
Grandma is even out on the tube with them! Grandma was having a blast, until Grandpa remembered that after having back surgery, this probably wasn't the best activity for her to do, so he lovingly shut down the boat and pleaded with Grandma to come back in! ;-) Ha Ha. They came home with sore arms, bellies, legs and cheeks. Cheeks, from laughing so hard. I guess it was difficult to get them off of the tube after being out there for hours! Summer is coming to an end and there wasn't any other way in which Kaydree would want to be spending the end of her summer! I am so grateful for not only the time that my parents take to spend it with the girls but in the way in which they love them, in a way that only Grandpa and Grandma can!

5 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

What a wonderful week we had with the girls... they were so much fun and maybe the difference is that we do not have to take life so seriously while they are here..
They were great buds and I can only say that they both are such good sports whether they win or lose at GO FISH or OLD MAID.. I was very proud of their behavior when it came to playing games.They did get a little competive on laying their claim on the CRABSTER but I might have even encouraged that a bit Love you Grandma

Andie said...

Ooooh, Kaydree, that looks like you had so much fun! When I was a little girl my grandpa let my brother drive his lawn tractor when he was only four years old. He drove it into the neighbor's car and then into my grandpa's house where he knocked off the gutter. It looks like you and your cousin did a better job driving than he did!

Audrey said...

I want to go to G&G's now!!!

Serena said...

How blessed you are to be close enough that your girls can spend time with their Grandparents. How great to have such loving grandparents who love to spend time with their grandchildren.

Luann said...

Wow it looks like a wonderful cousin week!