Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Generous Tooth Fairy?

On Tuesday night we decided to grill a couple steaks. I love to floss. So naturally after eating steak, it was much needed. Some of you may not know but I got braces a couple of years ago, and ever since then, my contacts on my back teeth are very tight. When I pulled the floss out on Tuesday night, a small chunk of my tooth came flying out and hit the mirror. I thought, how can this be possible? I am flossing, taking care of my teeth and this is what I get. Well, I called the dentist right away in the morning, I was a little frustrated because I thought I didn't even have a filling on that tooth, so what the heck? Well, the dentist laughed when I brought in the little piece from a tooth in the back, because it was a tiny porcelain filling. They fixed it in less than an hour and our co-pay was $45. Not bad... so I may have over reacted a little, since I couldn't sleep stressing out about it! Thank you Andrea, for watching the girls on the fly...
Here is a blurry picture of my filling next to a grain of rice. The rice is on the bottom. Here comes the story... All day, yesterday, Karsyn kept asking to see my tooth? I kept telling her it wasn't a tooth. She asked many times, so I finally let her see it last night. She took off running.. saying, " Now I can put it under my pillow for the Tooth fairy." I informed her that it really wasn't a tooth and that the tooth fairy only comes when you put your own tooth under your pillow. Benjy informed me, that no, the tooth fairy would probably come for Karysn. I disagreed, however, This morning this is what the "tooth fairy," put under her pillow!
I mean really???? What is the tooth fairy thinking? Benjy informed me, he has special connections with the tooth fairy! I guess this may have cost $46 to fix?

6 comments:

Andie said...

I am laughing...I'm making my little pinky wagging motion for the Tooth Fairy...Karsyn definitely has the Tooth Fairy wrapped around her finger!

Great story...four year olds have got to be some of the funniest creatures out there!

Kathy Koch said...

Cute story That Karsyn she is not going to miss a beat on anything. She is so enterprising. It is a good thing the tooth fairy is not a pushover. Good Job Karsyn

The "Serene" Life said...

Karsyn~ You are a smart little girl......I predict you will make millions with a mind like that! good job!! way to cute.

Nicole said...

I can't believe that! I don't think we ever got more than a dollar for an actual tooth. I was thinking the penny you mentioned yesterday was plenty! I know, I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when it's my kids...
:)

Ashton & Co. said...

Great story! Cute pics!

shantel said...

That little Karsyn is a smart one!Did she offer to split the $$$ with you?