Wednesday, July 1, 2009

VBS is it like EFY....Only for Children?

Karsyn's preschool, which we loved, had a Vacation Bible School last week for four days. I signed both of the girls up after talking to some of the Moms who had their children in it last year. I heard so many positive things about the crafts, activities and lessons, that I thought it would be a fun summer activity.
Kaydree was not happy with me. Karsyn knew that some of her friends were going and it was at her school, so she was ecstatic.
This was the first morning when I dropped them off. This is Kaydree's look of, "I am nervous, I am not sure about this Mom..." Karsyn is always in it for the social aspect and just takes it all in. I can't say enough positive things about this experience that the girls had. Kaydree said after the first day, "That was awesome, I had so much fun!" The teenage counselors were so friendly and fun. Kaydree and Karsyn were sad to see it end and can't wait to go back next year.

This was the camp theme song. Kaydree is the little short one getting into it, you see in the second row in. It kind of remided me of what an EFY (Especially For Youth) only an EFC (Especially for Children) would be like. Hey, there is an idea?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Well, we have Primary activity days. That could be similar.

Audrey said...

ummm....but VBS is FREEE!!!!!! EFY is no not!

Kathy Koch said...

I even remember going to vacation bible school when I was a kid and I use to enjoy it as well. We had to bring sack lunches and that at the time was a treat. I am glad the girls enjoyed the time there.