Thursday, July 2, 2009

Has it Really been....

10 YEARS?
While we were dating, Benjy lived in Washington and I was teaching in Las Vegas. We spent a lot of time emailing, writing and on the phone. (We use to fall asleep talking because he worked the grave yard shift packing potatoes in order to save up to buy an engagement ring.)That seems like so long ago and yet the time has flown by.
Our Engagement picture. It was some of Emily's first official pictures. These pictures were taken at her parent's house.

Last night the girls went on a sleep over to our friends' house. Little does Shantel know, but she gave us an early 10 Year Anniversary Gift. Tomorrow will be our 10 year Wedding Anniversary. We originally thought we would take a trip just the two of us, but then found out that our big family reunion was scheduled, plus with the 4th of July being my Mom's Birthday, we love to be with her to celebrate it. So sometime in August we will be hitting a resort, just the two of us for a weekend away. I have to admit, being pregnant kind of puts a damper on the fun festivities we might partake of but that is okay, we have had plenty of great times in the last 10 years so we don't feel that we are lacking. Besides the way we look at it.... having another little one on the way is the best 10 year Anniversary gift we could give one another!
It amazes me how much you can continue to fall in love with someone over and over again. Benjy and I love to watch 50 First Dates as our fall back Romantic Comedy. It is definitely Benjy's sense of humor that makes my world continue to spin. I consider myself to be a serious person and in any situation or in time of need, I can always count on him to keep me smiling, even when I don't feel like it! In so many ways we are so similar with our competitive natures.... We both love a healthy competition and being "former" Athletes we thrive on those situations...it truly unites a spark between us that keeps our relationship "feisty" as he puts it. Tennis and Racquetball are great date nights for us and for Benjy's sake, I will add.... playing dice, too. I celebrate these 10 years not just because we are still married but because I am married to my better half, my soul mate, my best friend.
We were sealed in the Seattle Temple for Time and Eternity. Words can not describe the peace and reassurance I feel just knowing that we are not together only until, Death Do us Part....but that we have entered into an Eternal Covenant.
Just knowing that I have been with my Eternal Companion for just 10 short years leaves me so grateful for the time we have had, the time we treasure now and the time we will have for the Eternities to come....

16 comments:

shantel said...

Oooh Happy Anniversary!!

Serena said...

Holy Cow! Both Benjy and you look so young! Happy Anniversary and have a great weekend!!

Crystal said...

Time really does fly! Happy Anniversary. We love you guys!

Laurel Criddle said...

Wow 10 years already! Congrats you guys! We are so lucky to have you in our family Kristen! You're an amazing mother and wife! Thanks for making Benj so happy! We love you guys so much and wish we were there!!

Samantha Hussong said...

WOW 10 years already! Happy Anniversary and we will see you this weekend.

Ashton & Co. said...

Happy Anniversary! 10 years does go by fast! I remember being at your sealing. That was such a neat experience for us to be there with you guys! Congrats and happy 4th!

MOE said...

Happy ten year anniversary! Humor must run int he Villarreal family b/c danny always keeps me laughing and I love it!!!-shalayne

Kathy Koch said...

I cannot hardly believe it has been 10 years but they have been wonderful for you guys.
We have been so blessed with our kids choices in their partners for life I am not sure but I would bet not all moms get to say they could not have chosen better for their kids if they had done the choosing themselves. Congrats to you both...love you both

Luann said...

Oh my 10 years! I remember the start! Congratulations on the last 10 years and the eternity to follow!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your ten year anniversary! I loved looking at your pictures especially your engagement photo.

Linz said...

Oh gosh you guys are so sweet. Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Such cute pictures!! Happy Anniversary! I hope you get to go to a resort with just the two of you to celebrate- you deserve it.

Janice Anderson said...

Happy Anniversary!! And many more! Don't we all just look like embryoes in our wedding pictures?

Chris said...

Congratulations and best wishes for another 10 wonderful years. It's the little celebrations in life that keep us young and excited for the big celebration that life brings us. Enjoy your day!

The "Serene" Life said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Love the pictures! Congratulations.

Hermana Whitehead said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years! Congratulations to two wonderful people.