Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say....

then don't say anything at all.
That is how I am feeling these days. Benjy said to me this morning, "You haven't been blogging lately." I asked him what he meant because I blogged twice this week, already. His response was, "ehhhh." Which means, not really. I have been posting pictures and events but not really writing my thoughts and feelings down. There is a reason for that.
My mother always told me....if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all....
I am feeling that way physically, mentally and emotionally right now. I have to preface this right now.....I love being pregnant, it is worth every little sacrifice that is made during this time and for the eternities to come, however...it has been rough lately.
With that said, My senses being: smell, hearing, taste and touch are over the top right now. I am a little crabby about loud sounds that make my head feel like it is going to pop, having a headache for the last 5 days straight is not helping. I am functioning, meeting with friends, cleaning (barely), cooking (barely), going to play dates, letting the girls have sleepovers, taking them to the pool, I taught a lesson in Relief Society, brought two dishes to Linger Longer and have been doing those daily tasks, but it takes every ounce of energy I have just to get it all done.
It makes me feel like I am just not myself. These hormones have been throwing me into a self pity, whining, forcing myself to function kind of mood. I feel horrible for my "trying to be supportive husband", who I am sure has his own frustrations and exceptionally understanding daughters that find things to occupy themselves when I am laying on the couch moaning!
Good news is that after talking to some of my in the same situation (pregnant friends) I am completely normal and that in the scope of time...this is but a small moment in time!

7 comments:

Serena said...

I am always amazed at how much you do! I hope you enjoy your weekend with family!!

Kathy Koch said...

I hope you can relax this weekend and enjoy your time here with everyone. I am also glad that you remembered me giving that little speech. I know it is easier said than done but if we at least try that should mean something. I have a hard time following my own advice sometimes so thanks for the reminder...

The "Serene" Life said...

Thank you for this post.......sometimes I feel like I can't do it all.......I try but on the inside feel like I'm going to fall right apart at any moment.....its always nice to hear that we are NOT alone in this world. Thanks again.....signed, Hormonal in Florence.

Danny and Shalayne said...

I know how you feel and I am sorry!!! Your honesty is so fresh!

By the way...even not pregnant I don't do even a fraction of the things you do & listed off! you're amazing.

Linz said...

Wish I could say I was accomplishing as much as you are. Talking to you about these feelings yesterday was like therapy. Thank you!

shantel said...

I'm with you and Linz just knowing that other women in my same situition are feeling the same way makes me feel better about my lazy self :)

Brenda said...

I know just what you mean by whiny and hormonal! You are doing so much! Maybe you could slow down just a little? Just so those of us who are not pregnant don't look so much like slackers? Thanks!