Friday, May 15, 2009

Which do I dislike more?

Being tired or cold? Yesterday was a day for both. I woke up at 5:15 AM to teach at Andover High School. I didn't watch the news to see what the weather was going to do so I put on gauchos, flip flops and a 3/4 length sleeve shirt. I walked out the door and into the freezing 38 degrees and I about died! I didn't have enough time to run back in and change so I knew it was going to be a long cold day.
I get to Andover only to find out that the teacher made a mistake and forgot to cancel the job. So the district sent me to Anoka High School. I was forcing myself to find the energy to work 2 days this week (Monday and Thusday/Karsyn's school days.) However when I got to Anoka, they asked me to take a two day job for Thursday and Friday! I am not a very good, "NO," in person kind of person, so of course I said, "Yes."
I walked into my classroom and it felt like the FROZEN TUNDRA! They had turned off the heat and I wasn't dressed to be in a FREEZING COLD room ALL DAY!
Today, however, the good news is.... I am wearing jeans, a sweater and knee warm wool socks only to find out it is way...... warmer today more like a tropical paradise...! Good news is... I am warm... maybe a little HOT and it's Friday and I have prep first hour and today the classes get to watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman, which I love!
I know...I am such a wimp and a whiner but today I feel like....I have conquered the cold and the tiredness! I think it's going to be a great day! Thank.Goodness.It's.Friday!

5 comments:

The "Serene" Life said...

AAAAAAAhhhh......we are so much alike sometimes its funny! My office makes fun of me.....cause I will be running a space heater in my office with the air conditioning is on! brrrr.......I'm a wuss too! Have a good weekend Krissy!

Nicole said...

I couldn't believe how cold it was yesterday. Today seems beautiful, though.

Kathy Koch said...

I am glad Friday went better than Thursday...
Hopefully next week will be a much better warm weather week..
We are off to Des Moines but I still do not think that is far enough south to be much warmer.

Danny and Shalayne said...

I hate being cold!!! How are you feeling?

shantel said...

I did the same thing on Thursday morning when I left for work, it was a cold day!!