Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Someone Recently Asked....

"What does Kristen do during the day?" .... so it actually got me thinking....
Yesterday I spent the day working at Coon Rapids High School in a Special Education Room. I couldn't even begin to share how fulfilling and how happy it makes me to work with these students! They have unbelievably loving spirits.
Today...
I woke up at 6:50AM and couldn't wait to eat peanut butter toast with Welch's Grape Jelly on it.
Checked out the church website to see the video message. (Love these) This one was on finding happiness in this life. http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e419fb40e21cef00VgnVCM1000001f5e340aRCRD
Washed my stinky dish rags in bleach. (Will not wash them with clothes...)
Sent out panic emails to quick change the playgroup from the Lake to the Park and then sent out multiple Texts... to make sure everyone knew. Called people to confirm.
Emailed Kaydree's teacher, made Karsyn eggs, got into an argument with Kaydree about her outfit, said a prayer and sent her off to school.
Took a quick bath, did Karsyn's hair and ran out the door to playgroup. (Amazed at the number of children and mother's who are so thankful to be outside, again!)
Had lunch with friends at McDonald's
Found enough energy to go for a 15 minute walk and a 5 minute Ellipse workout.
Talked to friends on the phone, my parents twice and Benjy 4 maybe 5 times. (Normal Day)
Talked to the Primary Secretary to confirm our meeting tomorrow night and to firm up some items.
Took a 45 minute nap
Woke up and put together Chicken Pot Pie.
Checked out blogs and email.
Printed 3 free dinner coupons from KFC. I am told you can print 4? Thanks Jody and Jackie! http://www.unthinkfc.com/
Took Kaydree to piano
Let my friend's puppies out
Picked Kaydree up, came home to eat dinner together as a family, which only two of us loved the pot pie and the other two picked it apart to only end up eating sandwiches.
Cleaned up dinner, threw in another load of laundry, got Kaydree's soccer snack together for her team and ran out the door to soccer.
Coached 5 year old soccer and saw a rainbow.
Came home put in another load of laundry
Read Scriptures together as a family, had family prayer and put the girls to bed.....
Blogged about this day just for the sake of keeping a book of remembrance and trying to remember someday....what did I do during the day?
Tomorrow my goal is to: not just go through the motions of the day but to find a way to make it different from today. Something like seeing the little things in life that make it memorable.

8 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

One thing about it no one day is the same as the next. People ask us the same thing since Dad retired what do you guys do all day? I have also pondered that question and we some how seem to stay very busy. So have a great day doing whatever makes you happy...

Benjy said...

BY THE WAY IT WAS NOT ME THAT ASKED SUCH A QUESTION...TRUST ME, I KNOW AND APPRECIATE WHAT MY WONDERFUL WIFE DOES...:) IN FACT, SHE AGREED TO GO SHOE SHOPPING FOR ME TODAY WHICH I HATE.

Benjy

shantel said...

Sounds like a pretty good day!!

My girls thought it would be a good idea to have all their hair crimped or curled today?? So after waking up at 5:00 a.m. to start with Ashley's will see how many things I accomplish with the list of things I wanted to do today!

Brenda said...

Ah the life of a mom! I know it well. I get to the end of the day and think I haven't done anything! Actually, all of the 90's were pretty much a blur. Good for you for blogging it!
Someday you'll look back and say, "Gee, that was before the twins were born." Just kidding!

Linz said...

Love that you are coaching soccer. Very cool. You deserved that rainbow.

Serena said...

I think it is amazing at how much you can accomplish in a day. Enjoy each day!!

Chris said...

Funny, I had an argument with Cooper about her outfit this morning too. Must be a girl thing! Glad your energy is returning. Enjoy the naps, you deserve them.

Janice Anderson said...

It tires me out just reading what you did. Bob asked me the same question when the kids were little. When he returned after a day of delivering mail, the house looked the same as it had when he left in the morning. I'm sure I had some snappy answer. Soon after that, something came up where I was away all day and he stayed home with the kids. When I came home in the late afternoon, the house looked WORSE than it had when I left, and Bob looked frazzled. He said, "Janice, I'm never going to ask you again what you do all day."