Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We decided to visit my parents this weekend. Benjy helped my dad stain the house and I was planning on taking it easy all weekend. The girls were bummed that none of their cousins were going to be there to play with so they asked two of their friends to come with us. Maddy and Emily are their friends that are also sisters. Maddy is two years older than Kaydree and Emily is one year older than Karsyn.The biggest hit of the weekend were the 8 baby kittens.
Emily really wants to take this little kitten home. It really did take to her too!
We went out on the pontoon with my Great Aunt Janet, Great Uncle Eddie and Second Cousin Michelle. The water was very cold but it didn't stop the girls from jumping in!
They played in the hot tub a couple of times.
They enjoyed a camp fire and s'mores.
Karsyn did not want to get within 10 feet of those fish! She was so mad, look at that face!
After the girls had been on four wheeler rides, snake hunting, bug catching, carp shooting, hung out around chickens, turkeys and kittens and had a camp fire, my dad asked them, "Do your parents know what you have been up to?" Maddy smiled and said, "I don't think so." I think I did 3 loads of laundry in a day to clean their muddy and wet clothes. They definitely got to be farm girls this weekend and enjoyed the outdoors! It was a GREAT weekend.

7 comments:

Janice Anderson said...

What a treat to have friends go along to visit the grandparents!!! Glad you were able to take it mostly easy. Cute pictures!

Kathy Koch said...

We really enjoyed the weekend and the girls were all so good. Maddy and Emily are welcome anytime. We could arrange for that special little kitten to find its way to St Francis....
Thanks again Benjy for doing those high peaks and helping with staining.

Ashton & Co. said...

Gotta love girls who will try and do anything! Too cute! Way fun!!

Luann said...

What is carp shooting.
What a fabulous weekend I bet those girls will treasure those memories!

Audrey said...

I want to know when YOU get to bring a friend??? ie: me!

shantel said...

Thank You so much for creating such wonderful memories for my girls they were still talking about it this morning!!

Thank you Steve and Kathy for opening up your home up to my girls, they couldn't stop talking about how kind you were to them this weekend!!

Linz said...

Awww....cute kitties! And 4 cute girls to match!