Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Birthday Fun!

Benjy gave me the best presents ever! He got off work early and took the girls and I out to Granite City Grill, my favorite place, now! Thanks Em and Spenc! Then he let me shop at Trader Joe's even though he considers it wayyyy to tree huggerish for him. On the way home he said, "Do you want to go shopping for some clothes for your Birthday?" I thought about it, it was 6:45PM and all of the sudden I remembered it was dollar night at Cheap Skate! Hee Hee. I knew he wouldn't turn me down on my Birthday! He moved his Elder's meeting to Wednesday night so he could spend time with me on my birthday.....since this is how I decided to spend my time on my Birthday, we started texting and calling people to go skating! Benjy and I are very spontaneous people most of the time or we just lack the planning to plan in advance. We are glad that we have friends that just pick up and decide to come on a minutes notice! Honestly, I wish we would have called even more people because it was really fun. Now that Benjy is hooked, don't be surprised if your phone rings at the last minute on a Tuesday night!
When we got there. Debbie Lou was there with her Grandson, Jacob. She even watched the girls for us so Benjy and I could get in a couple's skate! Thanks, Debbie Lou! Karsyn made tremendous gains last night after much help from everyone. We voted for most improved and it went to her and Brianna!
She went from needing a hand to..
holding the wall and by the end of the night she was skating without a hand to hold or the wall!
The girls watching the adult skate! I just love the music, they play a variety of music for the young and the old! I can't decided which one I am???? Even at the rink I am by far no where near the oldest!
Benjy was a little reluctant to go but now he says it is well worth the $8. He said he laughed so hard his stomach hurt.
Kaydree has become a Roller Skating Queen! She is so fun to watch. Her face just gets bright red, next time...we all will wear T-shirts! It does get hot in there!
I think it is safe to say that as a family we have all decided we will visit Cheap Skate again! Kaydree's smile, says it all!
I think most everyone enjoyed themselves. A couple of blisters and a couple of falls....otherwise I think we had fun!

On the way home Audrey called and said she had made me something...

Isn't it cute! It is a little carrier for my camera. It was a little too small, so Audrey said, "Use it for your Ipod and I'll make you a larger one for your camera! Score! Thanks Audrey...Kaydree wants to know why I can't be as creative and make things like Audrey. I said, "Who needs to, when you have friends like Audrey!" ;-) Thanks Audrey!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to everyone who called, texted, facebooked, sent cards, made a pouch for me, organized a lunch and went skating at the last minute! You all made my turning 34 so fun and painless! Benjy kept asking if I felt older and I just kept thinking it was such a fun day that I forgot that I turned another year older!

1 comment:

shantel said...

So glad you had a Happy Birthday!!

Skating was a blast, thanks for the invite!!