Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend

Last Wednesday the girls and I went back for an early weekend after my parents brought us up a new (used) dryer. Thanks, Mom and Dad! On Thursday we went into town to have lunch with my Grandma. My Aunt Karen and Uncle Doug met us and at the last minute I called my friend, Becky. She was a trooper and left work on a minutes notice to enjoy some pizza with us. It was so nice to be back in Marshall. I just loved it, there is something about being there that brings me so much peace. I always say this, "Life just seems to slow down and people enjoy visiting for hours!"
It was so beautiful all weekend that the whole family spent the majority of the days outside, well, except for my napping times, which Benjy says was 50% of the weekend. It was great!!!!! My Dad, Steve and Benjy ripped out some bushes and burned them. The rocks got so hot that Benjy fried one of Grandpa's chicken eggs on them.
Then they went out back and started another fire. We smelled like we had been camping all weekend, but we had the luxuries of the house!
Kaydree, Karsyn and Sydney spent the weekend outside whittling sticks? I don't know? It occupied their time.
We went to the Easter Egg Hunt at the Lake Shetek State Park. They hid over 2500 eggs.
Is that the Easter Bunny or Bugs Bunny?
By the time it was all finished Karsyn had participated in 5 egg hunts, finishing up yesterday at the Church Playgroup! Just what we need...more candy!
The girls with their cousins waiting for Grandpa to start them off for the outside hunt! We have started the tradition of doing the Resurrection Eggs lessons before coloring eggs. It was so sweet and tender listening to the kids talk about the atonement and the last week of the Savior's life.
My Grandma, Two Aunts and Two Uncles and a cousin spent Easter Day with us. Although it was a nice crowd, we missed Spencer, Emily, Noah, Kenna, Nick and the Villarreal Family!

Side Note: Went to the doctor yesterday...it's official...I am pregnant and my numbers look good! Due date: December 2nd. The doctor would like to take the baby no later than 36 weeks for fear of increased risk of rupture, however with extra prayers and a determined attitude I am hoping to make it at least until 38 weeks the longer the better! A Thanksgiving baby would be okay, but a December Baby, even better! I want this baby to cook as long as possible!

15 comments:

The "Serene" Life said...

Pregnancy naps are the best! Glad you had a good Easter Weekend....Can't wait to get together again.......I love pizza!

Kathy Koch said...

It was a very nice weekend and the fact that we could be outside and enjoying the outdoors was a big plus. We did miss the Iowa Kochs but they were in our thoughts all weekend. We look forward to seeing them soon.
The Resurrection Eggs were a very nice activity and the pictures were priceless especially Grandpas...We had a smile over that one.
Our prayers are with you and the new grandbaby.

Chris said...

Sounds like a terrific weekend had by all. Again sending lots of prayers for an enjoyable and easy pregnancy.

Kristen said...

Mom, I wish I would have brought the pictures from the lesson home and scanned them in! It was kind of funny how dad missed that we were drawing a picture from an item in one of the eggs. I have to admit though, Dad's drawing of the rising sun to represent the Resurrection was very creative. ;-)

Tina said...

Looks like you had fun!! I LOVE the smell of bonfire smoke!! I'll be praying you and K-shizzle ;-) Love ya!

shantel said...

That would have to be Bugs Bunny for sure!!

I'm glad you got to escape to your parents and have a mini vacation!!

Sounds like you had a great Easter!!

Laurel Criddle said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Wish we were there. I remember spending time at your parents house and it was so much fun and sooo relaxing. Tell your mom I still remember the food! Amazing! glad to hear you are feeling okay! Yay for baby villarreal #3!

Linz said...

December 2 sounds like a great date! It looks like a very relaxing, very fun time.

The Seaman Family said...

I am so glad that you got away and had a ton of relaxation time!! Truly needed! WE are so excited for you guys and I am glad that all looks great! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Emily said...

We miss everybody too! It sounds like everyone had a fun easter. The egg hunt sounds great. Maybe we'll have to come to that next year. So if your due date is Dec 2nd - 36 weeks could be right around my birthday. I hope baby stays in longer but if doctors need to take early I'd share my date:)

Nicole said...

That's quite the interesting combo of the Easter Bunny and Buggs Bunny. Oh well, do kids even watch looney tunes anymore? They probably couldn't tell. Glad you had a great time with your family.

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Barb: said...

i'm glad you had a fun easter! i really enjoyed talking the other day--i don't know what you usually do on tuesdays during kaydree's lesson, but you're welcome to hang out each time! oh, and thanks for the birthday card!

MOE said...

Easter looks like it was so fun! I'm so excited for the new little baby too - "it" and Ada will be only 1 year apart!!! You're all in our prayers!

MOE said...

sorry "moe" is Danny and Shalayne. I didn't realize I was signed in under his account!