Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Organizing

I have been on an organizing kick lately. My dear friend came over to help me do our dreaded sock sorting. Both of our husbands were out of town on business, so I aired my dirty laundry in front of her, well actually they were clean, but you know you trust someone, not to judge you, when you let them see your piles of un-sorted socks. She laughed, however she did end up counseling me on the amount of socks, one family needs!

Plus the girls had much more motivation, when they could show off their ability to get the job done quickly.

I also had this annoying problem of figuring out what to do do with my bracelets and earrings. I hang my necklaces on my husbands old tie racks, but the earring always tend to be a problem when trying to run out the door, late, and trying to find a matched pair. I decided, enough is enough! I have two jewelry boxes, but everything still seems to get tangled up, so here was my $11.00 fix purchased off of amazon!
It holds 80 pairs of earings!

And when I want to travel, it folds up flat! The only thing I would look for in a future purchase is a zipper on each pocket, that way, when it is folded up, they won't fall out.

5 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

The dreaded sock sort I have done a few of those in my day...I always wonder when there are only two of us how we still lose socks...
I saw your organizer and I thought oh my gosh I have one of those hanging in my closet I should use it more....

Serena said...

According to my brother in-law, you can never have to many sock. Especially new socks, if he had his way he would buy a new pair of sock to wear each day.

Chris said...

Kris,

I love the earring organizer. I'm going to do that for Cooper's jewelry. She can never take the time to find a new pair to wear.

Audrey said...

I love Karsyn in the picture:) Knowing how she poses for everthing I guarentee she was caught off guard:)

And I must say, you are a better woman then I. We just throw socks out when we get to that point.

Linz said...

There is something that is actually really fun about organizing when you have a chance to do it! I love when the end result makes life easier! That's a lot of socks!