Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Catching Up

I haven't been up for blogging lately. Enough said? I feel like I have been tackling some projects and enjoying some time with Kyce. Now that the girls are back in school I can't sit at the computer when he is up and not feel guilty. In the summer the kids might go out in the back yard to play and I could sneak in some blogging time. Now that I am way behind and it's about that time of year again, where I compile all of the blog posts into a book, I better get caught up.

On one of our last trips to Grandpa and Grandma's house the water was still warm but it was cold and windy. The girls were still determined to do some tubing so they compensated by wearing the wet suits.


They found a little snake. Which are in abundance out there.


We went to the Traditional parade in Tracy.


We enjoyed Subway, popcorn, Carmel apples and nachos.


I have been going to this parade with my Grandparents since I was a little girl and my mom remembers going when she was younger, so it is really special that my children can also share this tradition with their Great Grandmother. My dear, sweet husband is such a trooper. The parade does get long and sometimes it gets really hot, but he knows how important it is to me, so he only mumbles his complaints, but is willing to go and for that I am very thankful!

3 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

The wet suits have gotten some use this summer and we love it. The Box Car Parade is a tradition with our family and it does my heart good also to know that we are sitting in the same area that my parents sat with their friends and family over 50 years ago. Mom may be 91 years old but I would to be the person that tells her she can't go to the parade anymore...

Chris said...

Sounds like a fun family tradition. I can relate about being behind in blogging. Small steps to get to big goals.

Audrey said...

Dear Kaydree,

I double dog dare you to wear that to church on sunday!

Love,
That crazy lady who lives down the street.