Thursday, October 13, 2011

A New Experience

While the kids were out playing the farmer who rents some land from my parents stopped by and asked Benjy and the kids if they wanted to ride in his combine while he harvested some soy beans.These city kiddos were more then willing to jump on the opportunity.
I have to admit I was a little nervous about my little toddler sitting nicely for him but having an older sister redirecting you, always helps. Actually she said he was so good and almost hypnotized up there. What little boy wouldn't be, right?

What a kind man, to take time out of his work day, to make some little kids and my hubby, very happy campers. It was such a neat experience for all of them, but especially for a child who is allergic to dairy products. She just kept examining the beans and asking, "Now how do they turn this into my milk?"


and my answer was....I don't know. Maybe it's time to order a book on it or something?

5 comments:

Audrey said...

ty would be in heaven! Did I ever tell you that I fell off of one of these when we were dating??

Kristen said...

I do remember some story about that, but did your Knight in Shining Armor catch you?

Anonymous said...

Such a bummer that we had just missed him! Trayson (and Kevin) would have LOVED it!

shantel said...

Mason got to help out in his Grandpa hobbs tractor this past summer... he was soooo excited!

Every boys dream!

Linz said...

Definitely a dream come true for a little boy! What a nice man!