Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grandfatherly Guidance

One thing Grandpa has always done is taken the opportunity to have some time with each of the grand children, well as much as you can with our little monkey boy, to spend time discussing the important things in their life.

I love how Kaydree has that smile. The questions about school and friends.The exchanging of stories and laughs.

And then comes, the Grandfatherly Guidance. (Notice the physical guidance of holding her hand.) What a great example to me as a parent. We heard this summer from the man who introduced Grandpa to the church, some great wisdom on parenting and grand parenting. Ages birth-8 (training your children) 10-14 (teaching your children) doing things along side of them, but having them learn. The ages that hit me the hardest (14-on up) TRUSTING your children.
Kaydree is very much in an impressionable yet wing expanding age, she needs that loving guidance and she is still like a sponge, soaking it up, but by the time they get back from Columbia, she will be a teenager about to start High School. When I think about that and I see this picture (below) from her baptism 3 years ago, I realize just how precious, TIME, really is.
and how priceless these moments are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh geez - I'm crying at work Kristen while reading this. So very sweet and precious. I just love family...don't you?!

Audrey said...

I'm crying too!!!

shantel said...

Precious!