Monday, July 25, 2011

The NOT so Fun.

The not so fun part of camping was the whole new level of dirt that formed under our nails, between our toes, up our noses, on our skin and was ground into our hair. The kids thought it was a blast.
This is a picture of a child, after my own heart, who seemed to manage to stay clean compared to the rest.

Yes, they ate with hands like this and by the end of the trip, I had lost the battle and allowed Kyce to actually eat a skittle that he picked up out of the dirt.


I love how the band aides on the fingers pick up even more dirt.After a hand check, I decided, a little extra dirt might count for a little extra fiber.


It makes me sad to think about how quickly the time went by and yet in the moment, I was thinking, " Okay.....enough dirt, skunks, squatting and smoke." Funny how that works because looking back, all I remember is how much fun it was!

1 comment:

Anna Stoelting Dailey said...

My mother always said dirt was "extra protine" and "a little dirt never hurt anyone". It's always astounding how utterly filthy children can get.