Friday, August 27, 2010

What We Didn't Know Back Then...

is that two people who met under rare circumstances would become life long friends. Do you ever think back to how you developed a friendship with someone?I was coaching Amanda's brother in track, she came home for spring break. Meeting randomly and yet the experiences we have gone through together over the years of college, jobs, dating, marriages, starting our families, moves, heart aches, joys, sorrows. We may not see each other often, but we are very much apart of each others lives. I just thank my Heavenly Father not only for Amanda but for all of my friendships! I always feel that the Lord places not only our families but people in our lives to strengthen us and help us learn to be there for others, also. I believe it is not what we get out of friendships but what we can give to a friendship that makes it truely worth having...
We didn't know 15 years down the road that we would have daughters that would enjoy each other so much...
We didn't know that we would have our babies that could someday, potentially date? Just kidding! Isn't she just the cutest, though. As long as Kyce gives her oreo cookies, he could keep her happy. In fact last night when I got home, Benjy had a piece of chocolate cake and Lost Season 6 waiting for me. I was the happiest girl in the world!Did we ever think that 15 years later our husbands (Eric from North Dakota and Benjy from Washington) would be going out to enjoy a game of golf together (no this isn't our car, our car would be the minivan in the background... maybe someday?)

I am thankful for my sister in laws that are my friends, my cousins that are my friends, friends from church, friends from the neighborhood, childhood friends, friends that I did sports with, friends that I taught with, but with Amanda.... a friendship that developed because I just happened to be one of her brother's coaches!

8 comments:

Hermana Whitehead said...

I love your blog. You are so thoughtful and sensitive.

Kathy Koch said...

Very nice blog I have been very blessed in my life as well with a friend that I made after my marriage and two of our three kids and even after many moves when we get together it is like we were never apart. As I have grown older I too appreciate the wonderful friendships I have made especially with family. I suppose I finally grew up to appreciate those closest to me..

Ashton & Co. said...

We have have a couple of friends like that...it makes life fun and interesting! Glad you could enjoy some time with great friends.

shantel said...

Good friends are the best! Thanks for being one.

The burger joint looked amazing!!

Linz said...

Yay for friends! (AND YAY FOR LOST!!! I love picturing you and Benji enjoying Lost throughout this summer. It will be a fun memory.)

Crystal said...

You are a wonderful friend!!

Danny and Shalayne said...

That is really neat that you guys are still close! And even better that kids and husbands get along too! Looks like fun!

The Seaman Family said...

I have to agree with everyone, I think its great that you guys have been such great friends and I am so thankful to have you as a friend! Thanks for always being there!