Tuesday, January 19, 2010

OH DEER!

When the doctor asked my dad what he did for work, my dad said, "I am retired. I feed the deer and pheasants." We all kind of laughed, but it is true. My dad has been retired for almost 1o years and he is right, feeding the deer, pheasants, turkeys, chickens, cat, birds and whatever other animal that comes around has become his hobby. When we got to my parents from the hospital we were greeted by a total of 16 deer. There is always something so neat about the wildlife we see at their house.
We could sit for hours watching it out the windows. We told them they should start naming the deer because they know exactly the time that they always show up!

3 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

Your parents yard is amazing and so beautiful with all the wildlife. I could sit and watch them all day! What a peacful thing to watch especially after a few long days!

Kathy Koch said...

As always good job They are so pretty and they do bring a sense of peace and tranquility when you watch them.
On Sunday as the Viking game started your brother Steve was looking out the patio door and all of a sudden here sixteen of them came running up and he was so torn to watch the game or watch the deer. We really laugh when the squirrels chase the deer away to get to the corn. Now that dad is on restriction he supervises me on throwing out the corn. I guess I spread it out to far and that made they have to work harder for it.....

shantel said...

That is so cute!!

I love watching the squirrels in our yard, having deer would be awesome.