Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grandpa and Grandma's Birthday Gift

For Christmas Grandpa and Grandma Koch gave Kaydree, Felicity, an American Girl doll. I really didn't think Kaydree would be into them, however it was really the only thing she asked for. Five of her friends have them and her Kansas Koch cousins, so she is really into them now! I thought she was getting too old however just the other day on Family Feud the number one answer for, "What age do girls stop playing with dolls?" was 12. So I guess I was wrong.
For her Birthday, Grandpa and Grandma brought her to the American Girl Doll store in the Mall of America to pick out some things for Felicity.
She chose to have Felicity's ears pierced and her hair done. She also got a hair kit for her.
Benjy and My Dad were floored by the huge store, the prices and the services. They are thinking they should have developed the business! Grandpa was very impressed with the quality of the merchandise. Grandma just loved that Kaydree smiled the entire time!
Karsyn was pretty sad that she doesn't have an American Girl doll yet. Even though it was Kaydree's Birthday trip, we got her some little stick on earings for her Generation Doll and then as you can see, she was pretty happy. It ended up being a night of fun for all of us and the girls are already planning their next trip!

8 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

It was alot of fun and the smile on Kaydree's face was priceless. how excited she was to be able to get her doll's ears pierced. Grandpa was just mad that he did not come up with this goldmine himself.
We enjoyed our trip to some of the other stores in the mall and Grandpa got his book he wanted and I got the game I wanted so everybody was happy....

Chris said...

I agree that store and all the $$$ is a bit overwhelming. I took Cooper to the AG store in Chicago in 2008, when she turned 6. It was a great trip, so much fun. Campbell too shares Karsyn's sadness about not having an AG doll. So just a few weeks ago, we bought her the Our Generation doll too. It's a great substitute and seems to make her happy and solve all the fighting over the AG doll. So glad Kaydree had such a great time!!

Linda said...

Dolls are the very best! Especially for Grandmas...I love the American Girl store!!!! So glad Kaydree had so much fun.

Janice Anderson said...

This family friend LOVES to sew AG doll clothes. I have lots of patterns and fabric. Let me know what kind of outfits the girls would like for their dolls. I sewed nightgowns for our 3 granddaughter who have AGs. And dresses, and pants, and coats, and hats. There are websites that sell accessories for way less than the AG Store. Shoes for about $5, for one. People of all ages collect AGs, so don't worry about age. I think it is kind of an addiction after while. Surely it is a childhood love that they will most likely always cherish.

shantel said...

Emily would have been in heaven!!

I agree the store is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Danny and Shalayne said...

So adorable! You can tell Kaydree that I have an American Girl doll too...I think they call it the American Girl doll of today or something...I just know it is suppose to resemble me. I love Felicity though. I read all the books! How fun! How fun!

Linz said...

I had Felicity when I was about her age. Great choice!