Sunday, January 31, 2010

Her Grand Finale

Last year Kaydree didn't get a Birthday Party with her friends because we had a lot of planning and activities for her baptism. She had a celebration last year with her cousins and both sets of Grandparents, so this year I wanted to let her celebrate with her friends also. I have to admit that I am not very good at enjoying Birthday celebrations that I am in charge of...but seeing how happy she was, made it all worth it!
My parents came up to help with the party and watch Kyce. Kaydree asked Grandma to make her Red Velvet cupcakes. Kaydree wanted to do a craft so my friend JoDell came through with her vinyl letters with less than 24 hours notice. check out her blog: http://parkerjaneboutique.blogspot.com/
As my parents were packing to come up here, I quick called them and my dad cut these boards out of some scrap wood that he had. I think that the girls did a great job decorating them. They turned out really cute!
Then we went over to Lifetime Fitness for Gym and Swim Time.
Kaydree was so nice to allow Karsyn to join in on the fun. Karsyn loved being taken care of by all of Kaydree's friends. She definitely plays the little sister role very well.
Even Kaydree was very good at including Karsyn. We are still a little taken back when we realize that our little baby girl is now 9 years old. She likes to remind us that her time living in our house is 1/2 up. It makes us feel the importance of making the most out of our time with our beautiful little girl before she grows up, too fast!
This is the last of Kaydree's Birthday posts for this year.

6 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

It was a great birthday party and we were glad we could come up and help with a few things.
The boards turned out really cute and the girls did do a wonderful job and it was fun meeting Kaydree's friends.

Danny and Shalayne said...

so cute! We miss you guys...you all are growing up without us!!! I love the craft idea...they turned out darling!

Chris said...

So glad the "friend" birthday party was a success. The craft idea turned out super cute!! Those girls are crafty. Enjoy your time with each other.

shantel said...

It looks like it turned out great!!

I love the name blocks, very cute.

Sissy Jackson said...

Wow, you guys have been busy...I dont check your blog for a few days and wham...all this stuff happens...Hope your dad is ok...

memories by Jan said...

Wow. What a great memory you built for Kaydree and her friends.