Thursday, June 18, 2009

She Amazes Me...

Spencer and Emily invited Kaydree down to Iowa this week to spend the week with Makenna. I told Kaydree it wasn't a good week to do that since she had two soccer games, Activity Day Girls and a Birthday Party to go to. Well of course the soccer game got rained out on Tuesday and Activity Day Girls was cancelled. It was suppose to be a Mother/Daughter dinner where the girls made a vegetable pizza to share and serve to their Mothers. Kaydree was really bummed. She has been begging me to teach her how to cook. Benjy was working late and with Karsyn being gone, we decided to have a Mother/Daughter dinner that Kaydree would cook for me!
She decided on tacos. She had browned the hamburger at Activity Days for Sloppy Joe's, so she thought she was a pro at this!
She didn't like cutting the olives because they were slippery little stinkers!
When she went to cut the tomatoes she said, "Don't worry Mom, I know how to do this, I do it all the time on Cookin' Mama!" (Her Nintendo D.S. Game!)
She got her first taste of crying from cutting an onion!

She thought cutting the lettuce was fun!
The finished product! She did a GREAT JOB and she was so PROUD of herself. I think she not only surprised me but herself! She said, "I think it tastes better than normal, probably because I made it!" I thought it is funny how they appreciate it that much more when they are the ones putting in the effort! As we started eating, she said, "Well, this is kind of weird, just you and I sitting at the dinner table!" I said, "It seems so quiet without Karsyn around!" Benjy got home as we were finishing up and he did the dishes, so I scored a great night!

10 comments:

The "Serene" Life said...

I think Kaydree should come spend a week at my house.....especially if she knows how to cook!!! Good Job Kaydree!

Samantha Hussong said...

Good Job Kaydree!

Linz said...

What a fun week you guys are having!

Heathertime said...

Looks yummy!!! Great job!

Serena said...

Great job Kaydree!! What will you cook next?

Ashton & Co. said...

Good job! My little 3 year old thinks she needs to be doing the cooking, looks like Kaydree's turned out GREAT!

Luann said...

Go Kaydree that looks so yummy!

Kathy Koch said...

I am glad you are getting a chance to use your talents in the kitchen. You made one of my favorite meals. Great Job

shantel said...

That stinks for Kaydree that Activity Days was cancelled.....but Maddy will be happy, she was sad she was missing that one.

Sounds like your having a nice summer so far. :)

Unknown said...

GOOD JOB! LITTLE COOK KAYDREE

WOW! Now Kristen you can order taquitos every dinner. Kaydree is the perfect little cook. She even wears an apron. Good for you Momma for teaching her to cook. We love all the fun things and pics you always share with us.

Love Delia from Othello