Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's a.....

I have so much to blog, however one thing trumps all other news for us right now! We had another ultrasound done yesterday and we were able to find out what we are having!
As of now, everything looks really good. The placenta is attached on the right side, but high and the baby is growing and moving around like crazy! Karsyn got to come with us and she wasn't sure what she thinks of this whole thing yet. Kaydree was so bummed that we didn't take her out of school for it and now I do regret that decision! It was the coolest most detailed ultrasound that I have ever had. Karsyn saw that I was crying and asked why. I was just so amazed at how this almost 3 inch baby could be seen so clearly. Kicking, moving, waving, rolling and looking at us! It was sooooo neat. To watch its little legs kicking and crossing and scrunching up was so unbelievable! We could see the individual chambers of the heart and could see little bubbles in its stomach and the technician said, "That is a sign that the baby is swallowing!"

The technician asked us if we wanted to find out the sex of the baby. Benjy said, "Yes. Well I guess I should ask you, Kristen, do you?" Ha Ha.... So she looked at the internal organs and said, "I wouldn't paint a room based off of this, but it looks like a boy." She went on to measure some other things and then came back down to the legs and just then the baby opened its legs and she said, "Oh boy, it's a BOY!" She froze the picture and put a square around two little round shaped items and said, "Those are definitely boy parts!" The heart rate had dropped to 144 so I was thinking it was a boy and this pregnancy has been sooooo different from the girls, so now everything makes sense! I am really excited, Kaydree is really excited, Benjy and Karsyn....well they are still getting use to the idea.

BABY BOY VILLARREAL!

I bought some little boy shoes from my cousin Sam a couple of years ago and I just couldn't part with them yet, so now I know why! I put a pair out on the front step for Kaydree to find when she got off the bus and then hung a pair from the door handle. It was so funny to watch her pick them up, turn them over and stand staring at them. Then when she went to open the door and she found another pair, she yelled out, "We're having a boy! Yay!" The girls get such a kick out of little boys and they make the girls laugh so much that Kaydree said, "I think there is going to be a lot of laughing in our house!"

30 comments:

Tina said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boys are so much fun!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Samantha Hussong said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys! Boys are a real treat. Does this mean Becky will be expecting a boy too? Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. -- Nani

The "Serene" Life said...

Kris & Family~
Congratulations! What great news........sounds like this little boy has been worth waiting for! I'm so excited for you all...

Serena said...

Yeah! We are so excited for your family. I am sure Karsyn and Benjy will love this baby more than they can imagine, as I am sure all of you will. I wonder if he will be a little spoiled??

Nicole said...

Congratulations, you guys. That's exciting news.

Crystal said...

Sooooo exciting!! Congratulations! Boys are a lot of fun!

Audrey said...

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!


oh yeah, and...............

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

Laurel Criddle said...

Whhhhhat?! I'm so happy for you guys!!! You are going to have a mini Benjy! How fun! Congrats!!!

The Miller Family said...

Yay, yay, yay! That's so exciting! We're in the same boat, just reversed, lol. Was Benjy really hoping for another girl? How far along are you now?

Congratulations, and glad to hear everything is looking so good!

Brenda said...

Yayyyy!!!!
A little prince!!!

Angie said...

Congratulations! You must be so thrilled!!!

Linz said...

AHHHHHHHHHH! I can't wait to see what that cute little nugget looks like!!!!!

Janice Anderson said...

I knew it too. I didn't THINK you should have a boy. I KNEW it would be a boy. So very exciting to have new life no matter whether it's a boy or girl. Congratuations!

photogirl said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. It's time for your family to get the wonderful experience of raising a missionary!
Love Ya, Kathy

Anonymous said...

YES!! Another boy for my little boy to play with...play dates! Oh wait, I have to work...oh well, I'll QUIT!

Hermana Whitehead said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all!

Becki D said...

YEAH! Congrats!!!

Kathy Koch said...

We are very excited and look forward to our third grandson. The girls still outnumber by 6 to 3
I love little boys they are so much fun.
Happy healthy are the most important I think you are both in for a little change and what fun that is going to be to watch....
It does take your breath away to see such detailed pictures of him already.

shantel said...

Yay!! Congrats!!

Are babies will be good little buddies.(That is if mine turns out to be a buddy)

Unknown said...

We are all so very happy for both of you, now Benjy has to start practicing his wrestling moves for this precious little boy. Take care of yourself Kristen.

We love you Jerry and Delia

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything looked good and congrats on a BOY! That is so exciting.

Those ultrasounds are always amazing. I am always overwhelmed at the love I feel for those little babies. It makes it so real. I am so happy for you guys. Good luck for the rest of the pregnancy!

Love, Elizabeth Florence

Danny and Shalayne said...

YAY!!! So fun! We are so excited for you all!

Luann said...

Awww and he will be such a handsome little boy mothered by all 3 moms.

It is such a blessing to hear that he is connected in a decent spot!

The Seaman Family said...

YEAH!! We are so so excited for you guys and can't wait. Our lil guys will be so close and it will be a ton of fun!! Congrats.

Buck said...

Hooray!

And if you want to name him after my husband, fine by me!

Now just be sure to tell Benjy to tell Skippy how wonderful babies are. :)

~Becky

Laura Linnell said...

I had no idea you were pregnant!!! Congrats! That's so exciting!

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Boys are crazy, but so fun. I'm glad that the baby is healthy and that everything is going well. Any names picked out yet?...

Schreurs said...

Sorry for the late post.. I am so excited that you are having a boy.. it will be so much fun and you will have two great helpers. I am glad to hear that all is going well!