Friday, June 5, 2009

Lori's 40th Birthday Surprise

My brother, Steve, told me a little over 2 months ago that he wanted to plan a Big Surprise Party for Lori, for her 40th Birthday. Since Lori has 14 siblings....we knew it could be a lot of fun! It was fun putting it together and keeping it a surprise!
I don't know if we got a final head count, but there were a lot of friends and family there!
Karsyn and the Birthday Girl! I don't think there was a dry eye in our family when Lori pulled up. It was so fun to see Lori so surprised. She got out of the car and said, "You guys are soooooo dead!" She was crying and I hope she could see and feel how much we all love her!
Grilling Burgers and Hot dogs.
The food was so yummy. So many salads and desserts!
Of course the bean bag tournament!
My cousin Suzi, her son Chase and friend.
My Grandma Ruth (She wasn't feeling well at all!) and my Cousin Samantha.
The kiddos watching the Whopper Hopper getting set up. That thing was used the entire day!
My Beautiful 15 year old niece, who just got a cute little sporty car, Courtney! She helped her dad keep the secret from her mom!
It was fun having people camp at my Parent's house. I think there were 3 campers and 7 tents?
We have been traveling so much lately but it has been fun! Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Lori's 40th...soon we will go for Father's Day, 4th of July (Mom's Birthday and Larsen Family Reunion), and at the end of July to Texas for the Villarreal Family Reunion.
I have a feeling our Summer is going to fly by!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, Kaydree looks like your Grandma Ruth:)

shantel said...

What a great surprise!!

It looks like it was a fun weekend for everyone.

Kathy Koch said...

We had an absolutely wonderful time and surprising Lori was great.

We enjoyed having everyone here and were so happy to see such a great turnout.

Danny and Shalayne said...

This looks so fun! That is so awesome that you were able to get that many people keep a surprise!!!

Tina said...

LOVE the whopper hopper!!! So cute!