Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Qunell Family Reunion

It has been 4 years since the last Qunell Family Reunion. A month after the last one, my Grandma Gloria passed away. This was my dad's mom. Gloria's husband Eloi was killed in a tractor accident when my dad was 4 years old. At the time he was the oldest of 3 boys and my Grandma had one on the way. The Qunell Family was very involved in helping raise my dad and his brothers. It was fun to see my dad enjoying his Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. This is his Uncle George. He came from Illinois for the reunion.
If you put a short gray wig on him, he could pass for my Grandma Gloria.

This is Benjy, My brother Spencer, My Uncle Stan( my dad's youngest brother) and my oldest brother Steve Jr.
This is Spencer's wife Emily, My Aunt Deb (She is married to Stan), and my mom. Lori where were you?
OH WHAT FUN.... THE BEAN BAG TOSS TOURNAMENT! A family tradition and a great time. I really wish I would have been better at taking more pictures. Next time we need to get a picture of all the Qunell children together. Thanks Auntie Jan for helping put all this together!

76 people attended and 5 very well behaved dogs! ;-)

2 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

What a great time! I love getting together with family(looks like you have a big one~!) and seeing everyone and catching up etc. How did ya do in the bean bag toss? That's a super fun game.

Laurel Criddle said...

That looks like a lot of fun, especially for the little ones! was that at your parents?