Saturday, June 21, 2008

And on his FARM...He had a....

The girls love the FARM...is it a Farm?
Up until the point that Benjy and I got married, which will be 9 years ago this July, my dad was a business man. He traveled most of the time to the Western states and wore a shirt, tie and suit for much of what I can remember. When he wasn't in his dressy work clothes, he usually found something neon green to wear and loved it. Since he retired, he has been into other trends. His most recent trend.... Under Armour. ( The clerk at the Under Armour store says that my dad is as excited about Under Armour as every other 9 year old boy is!) another insert- ( Before my dad left Florida, he had to go and say goodbye to his friends at the Under Armour store.) When he is home, you find him in bib overalls or camo. Yes, he loves his Under Armour Camo! When he is dressing up to leave home, he is usually found in Under Armour sunglasses, shorts, shirts, socks, underwear and yes, now he has the Under Armour tennis shoes to match his Under Armour hat!** ( Go back and look at the Qunell Family Reunion pictures, to see his Under Armour in action!)** We do enjoy giving him a hard time. I wanted to share with you how much my dad enjoys his Life at home and how much we enjoy sharing it with him. So here is a little taste of what we did this last week on Grandpa's and Grandma's ( I don't know if she considers it a farm?) FARM...

We sat in the hot tub,
fed the chickens, picked eggs and watched the baby duck swim.


We held baby chickens, ducks, pheasants and turkeys.
We got tractor rides, four wheeler rides, and watched Grandpa and Grandma paint the apple orchard shed which is going to be apple red.
On Thursday morning we even got to watch baby kittens being born. These are not experiences I had growing up with my dad. We always lived in the city. The girls love doing chores with Grandpa (most of the time they try to run out in their pajamas in the morning to be apart of it!) and it is so fun watching my dad really enjoying his life and his little buddies. My dad told me tonight that their home is their paradise. "A little bit of Heaven on Earth." My dad was always a goal setter, somewhat of a secret dreamer maybe?, he planned for the future and now he is living his dream. What a great example.

5 comments:

Andie said...

I understand the love of UnderArmour. If they had a store around here...I could get do some serious damage.

Ashton & Co. said...

Hey! We just found your blog off Stephen's- hope you don't mind if we peek in! Ours is private, but you can e-mail me at jmstpa@msn.com & I will invite you in! Love the pics- your girls are so precious. Looks like you guys are doing good. PLEASE e-mail us! We'd love to keep in touch and have found this is such a fun way of doing it! Take care!- Joel & Michelle

Audrey said...

Okay, my dad is the exact same way about smartwool!!!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry Kristen. All this time I was leaving comments and I was doing it wrong. Laurel just showed me how. I wasn't typing in the security letters. THank you for the pictures. You are becoming Mrs. Gates the computer. Good job. The girls look gorgeous. I will check this blog often.

Love,
Mom (Delia)

Tim Larsen said...

Your parent are really great. I just hope they know it. Next time your see either of them, stand on your tippy toes or get on Benji shoulders and give them a huge, then tell them it was from me.

Tim