Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So Much to be Thankful For...

Last year was a difficult Thanksgiving. My Unlce Lee passed away very early Thanksgiving morning. Kyce was a couple of weeks old and my life was a blur from getting up every 2 hours for feedings. Somehow it feels like there will always be a somber under tone on Thanksgiving with thoughts of Lee. This year however it was so nice to have My Aunt Deb, Uncle Stan and Grandma Ruth with us.
It always helps when everyone pitches in to help.
My nieces Courtney and Korin got silver stars for being so helpful and my mom got a HUGE GOLD one for the awesome food.
Charlee loves all the attention as much as Kyce does.
Kyce dug right in and helped with the dishes.

After everyone left we all kicked back and some of us, took a little nap! Deb made an awesome 10 LAYER salad that I had for dinner that night. I was still so full from lunch but I wasn't going to pass up eating a yummy salad! We all miss my Uncle Lee so much and all of our family that has passed on....and those that we weren't with on this day, yet we still have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season. Treasuring this time with the ones we love is a great way to show our gratitude for the things we do have...

5 comments:

Audrey said...

your dog it such a ham! Glad you had a good time.

Kathy Koch said...

What a nice post We did enjoy having Stan and Deb and Grandma with us this year.

What is so wonderful about having a dinner like this is that everybody does pitch in and that definitely makes the work easier and more fun....So thank you to all
who helped and I loved every minute of it....

Laurel Criddle said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I can't believe that little Kyce! Getting so big! I'm glad it was a great day and yes we all have so much to be thankful for! Miss and love you all! Xoxox

shantel said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

We're all very blessed!

The Seaman Family said...

What a wonderful way to spend time with your family. Glad that it was a great Thanksgiving and as usual Kyce is so darn cute!