Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Breaking Tradition.

Well...kind of. My mom's family always had Oyster Stew for Supper on Christmas Eve. Our family has also adopted in Chicken Noodle soup for those who don't like Oyster Stew. (Me, being one of them) This is one of our family's traditional foods that Benjy loves. (Yuck)
It pretty much looks like milk until you get to the surprise of the slippery, slimmy little guys waiting at the bottom. Did I mention that they are stinky, too?
Since my Grandma is a busy lady making her rounds, we got to have her out for Christmas Eve, lunch. I am always thankful for the other breads and salads that fill in for the Oyster Stew! It's funny I don't like it, however it would be very odd for me, not to have the choice to eat it. Funny how traditions work.
The girls were excited to have Grandma open her gift. Yes, Karsyn has on a lot of Auntie Em's lipstick. (A story about that and pictures to follow.)
Grandma also practiced riding the shiny red scooter around. I Can't believe I didn't get a picture of that. It was pretty funny. I just love this picture.
Then the Grandkids gave us a musical treat before Grandma was off to her next party. Some of them got those uncontrollable, nervous giggles, but they pulled through it and brought in the Christmas spirit. Karsyn may have been a little more focused on showing off her RED lipstick.

3 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

We may have broken with tradition alittle but those of us who wanted still got our fix of oyster stew. It was so goodddddd.
It was a wonderful day and the grandkids did a beautiful job singing carols and they even let us join in for a couple of them..As you said it made your heart feel full to spend the time with family...

The "Serene" Life said...

2 comments......I LOVE oyster stew so if you want me to come next year and eat your share I will......And....I LOVE Karsyn's red lip stick!

shantel said...

I don't think I have ever tried oyster stew, but if your mom made it, it must be good I have loved everything your mom has made!

I'm loving the red lipstick, almost as much as Karsyn, can't wait for the story on that one!