Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Girl With the Most Lipstick..

Kaydree is our little athletic girl who prefers ponytails and tennis shoes, for the most part. Karsyn is our girl who is into fashion and looking pretty. I am not one who paints my nails or likes to get dressed up most days. At my parents house I have been known to go from one pair of pajamas to a shower, only to put on another pair of pajamas. So I am sure Karsyn feels deprived of a mom who encourages her to be really girly.
Auntie Em, on the other hand is always getting "all done up" and looks really nice all of the time. She is often found straightening the girls hair or putting make up on them. Karsyn has honed in on this from the time she was very young. This trip around she had Emmy curling her hair and applying the lipstick all day long. She would ask for a lipstick refresher. I think I have applied lipstick on Karsyn maybe once or twice in 6 years. I think Emmy did it 6 times in an hour on Christmas Eve.
The entire day Karsyn would smile from ear to ear.
When Grandpa would hand out presents he started saying, "To the girl with the most lipstick, to the girl with the most lipsticks, sister or to the girl with the most lipsticks mom." Karsyn just sat and giggled. She has been zooming around our little basement on her new scooter. She thinks she is so "HOT" on her scooter.
Even when Karsyn was snuggling Korin, her cousin, right before bed, she was still smiling to show off the lipstick that was just about worn off. She told Emily, " We are lipstick BFF's." She also asked Emmy, "Are you into fashion? I like to be into fashion." We joke about this now, but we are wondering what type of issues will this create in her teenage years?

5 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Cute cute blog Karsyn was so happy that Auntie Em would be her lipstick BFF
I can't wait to see her on her new scooter with her pink cowgirl boots...
I am sure that is a memory that we will remind Karsyn of for years to come....

Emily said...

I had so much fun with Karsyn this trip. It was fun to bond a little with her one-on-one and her smiles and comments were precious. I know I put more lipstick on Karsyn this trip than I have on Makenna her whole life. It is amazing how each child is so different. Makenna is like Kaydree so I enjoyed playing with Karsie - my lipstick BFF:)

The "Serene" Life said...

Karsyn sooooo reminds me of Addisyn.......I'm thinking they may get into a wee bit if trouble if they teamed up????? They would probably do something crazy like sneak out of the house or something???? Cute blog....

Laurel Criddle said...

That is adorable! I Love her big smile. So cute. I can just hear her little voice saying that about lipstick BFFs. You send her over here one summer and I'd go nuts being girly with her!

Danny and Shalayne said...

no worries...that is exactly how I was (or maybe that means you should worry :)

I've shopped & picked out clothes for my brothers since I was about 3 years old and I still know all their current sizes because I still shop for them.

Tell Karsyn she can come read all my fashion books and we can design clothes and sew them. Oh the fun we will have...

And we want Kaydree to come too!!! Ada loves soccer and tennis shoes (and lipstick and curls) too. she is all over the board, I guess. We have a great backyard for soccer games!!