Monday, December 27, 2010

Family Home Evening

For Our Family Home Evening last Monday night, we decided to do a Gingerbread House and Sugar Cookies for our Activity. The Gingerbread House was given to us by our friends from church, the Dribnaks. I admit that I put off doing cut outs with the girls, however tag teaming up with the Gingerbread House sounded like a great idea. We invited some others to join us and we had so much more fun and it was way less stressful on me. :)

One of Kaydree's friends, Elise came over.

They sat and giggled and giggled and giggled.

Karsyn usually finds a way to plop herself in the middle?
The frosting part got a little tricky and messy!
Our friend Melissa was so patient with Karsyn. Karsyn tends to do things in super slow motion. It was a great learning lesson for me that it isn't the goal to see how fast we can get done. Once again, it's finding the JOY in the journey.
Benjy and Justin mixed the frosting. They did a great job. Nice, vibrant colors. Some were more creative then others.
It was a great Christmas memory from 2010.

5 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Looks like a tasty good time.

How fun for the girls I know Karsyn loves to do projects like this and she must have been in a state of bliss....

Audrey said...

nice!!!! Is that the frosting recipe I gave you?

The Seaman Family said...

How fun! They all look so yummy!

Kristen said...

I had to look it up online, but I remembered that you made it glossy with Karo syrup. So, yes...

shantel said...

I love making gingerbread houses, we got busy and never fit that one in, maybe next year!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!