Sunday, July 4, 2010

Why Does One Fall Behind in the Summer?

The summer has brought on a crazy busy schedule and yet we have found time to enjoy our time together. Here are my top reasons for not blogging...or excuses?
1. The Girls are out of school and we have been trying to get out and do things when the weather has been nice.
2. Kyce doesn't sleep like he use to and no longer enjoys playing in his confined exersaucer and now wants to crawl everywhere and requires undivided attention, so one can not get on the computer.
3. Benjy and I are now enjoying, Lost, the Television series on DVD. Instead of blogging while he watches the Discovery or History channel, we are sitting together after the kids go to bed, watching Lost and we love it!
4. The girls have been deep into soccer, I now, REALLY, know what it means to be a SOCCER MOM. We have put on the miles, let me tell you!
5. We have been traveling back to Marshall a lot. (fishing trip, Birthday, Anniversaries)
6. This weekend marked the end of some intense computer work. I haven't allowed myself to get on my own blog in order to check other blogs because in my spare time, I have been putting together a slide show for my parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary. It required a lot of scanning of pictures. (blogs to come)
It has been a great summer and we are looking forward to our trip to Washington for the Villarreal Family Reunion. I am hoping to be caught up before then, so that I can continue to keep a Family Journal that hopefully someday my children and grandchildren will cherish.

2 comments:

shantel said...

Sounds like you're having a pretty busy summer so far!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Linz said...

I think having a busy summer is not such a bad thing--you guys are making awesome memories!

Kyce is crawling?!?!

I'm so glad you are enjoying LOST!!