Thursday, July 8, 2010

The End of the School Year.

Now that I have comitted to catching up on blogging, I realize just how far behind, I am. The end of the school year just seems (I don't want to chose a negative toned word) however, how many movies did the girls watch, how many field trips can they squeeze in? Kaydree's class worked on play practice all day long for weeks and then took an entire morning putting them on for parents. (Kaydree blogged about her play) Should our children really be packing up classrooms and washing off tables and desks? I understand them cleaning their own mess, but extending that to the teacher's stuff and the job of the custodians, seems somewhat, wasteful. It is what it is... and I am sure things won't change for next year. OH, well. Karsyn graduated from Kindergarten and then the next day of school was a trip to Como Zoo.
I had to wait for Kaydree to go to school that day a little late so that she had been away for 24 hours on eye drops. I arrived late with Kyce to the Zoo, it took 25 minutes to find a spot to park and it was extremely hot and humid. When I walked in to find Karsyn and her group this is what I saw....
it was the first day back for the Polar Bears. News crews and just about every school in the area was there. CRAZY. Maneuvering a stroller and finding Karsyn was no easy task. Thank goodness her soccer coach was there and texted me so that I could find them. (Gotta love technology!)
We waited to 10 minutes just to get a picture by the giraffe statues. Karsyn was committed to wearing her polar bear ears the entire day! Yay, for Karsyn putting in a great year of Kindergarten!

3 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

It's so crazy how time flies! But how fun to see them grow! Hopefully with all the changes and stuff things will keep looking brighter for school...lets hope!

shantel said...

It will be a new school year before we know it, the summer is just flying by!

Cute Pics!

Kathy Koch said...

Love the pictures of Karsyn and I know she had a great time...