Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Reason to Celebrate.

Over the 4th of July weekend, we celebrated my Parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary and my Mom's Birthday.
40 Years Ago..
And now!


The Head Table..then and now.
The same flowers


Pammy (Flower Girl) Karen (Bridesmaid) Doug (Groomsman)
The Cake...then
and now!
It was a lot of fun and I shed a few tears while putting together the power point presentation.
These were some of my favorite pictures. I didn't get great pictures that day and I am kind of bummed about it. It was hard trying to carry a camera around and a baby at times.
During the presentation Courtney, the oldest Grand Daughter, and Noah, the oldest Grandson, wore my Mom's Dress and my Dad's Navy Uniform. I am waiting for a picture from Emily. It brought tears to our eyes. It was really neat.
Benjy's parents celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary 2 years ago.
I am so thankful that Benjy and I both have parents that have been such great examples to us and someday Benjy and I look forward to celebrating 40 years together~

8 comments:

The "Serene" Life said...

Great Post Kris~
What a great reason to celebrate! Thanks for sharing....sorry I missed the party. Would have loved to have been there. Hope to see you soon!

shantel said...

Congrats to your parents!!

loved all the pictures!

Kathy Koch said...

It was so much fun and we enjoyed every minute of it Thanks to the Kids and Grandkids for all their hard work and making it such a special celebration for us....
We enjoyed all the friends and families that could join us to celebrate 40 wonderful years.

Linz said...

What an adorable couple!!!!!!!!!

Kansas Kochs said...

It was a great day and their 40 years of love and committment to each other and their family was so deserving of celebrating!!

Sissy Jackson said...

Wow, your parents looked so young when they got married...did we all? Great party...

Danny and Shalayne said...

oh I love all the old pics. So glad you have them in digital format!

Luann said...

Beautiful I love how you guys recreated everything. I am working on a slide show for my grandma's 80th and I agree the pictures are amazing.