Monday, March 29, 2010

I've Adopted Myself Into...

being Irish. Since my birthday is on the last day of March, slowly over time I noticed that I had fallen in love with St. Patrick's Day. My favorite color went from being red, to being green. I told Benjy years ago, please don't buy me flowers for my birthday because they just die, but every year, I would love to get a shamrock, sometime in March. (Sorry to say, they have all died however they do last longer then flowers) When I turned 30, I was whining a little about not wanting to celebrate my birthday and my mom's friend, Carol, said to me, "Well, you know what the alternative is, don't you?" It really made an impact on me..and I decided to try not to complain about getting older because I should be thankful to be alive, healthy and celebrating another year which is ultimately a gift from God. Who am I to complain that he has given me more time to enjoy this life here on earth?
Karsyn and I made a trip over to see our friends that moved to Hudson. It just happened to be St. Patrick's Day. When we got home...a little leprechaun had been to our house and dropped off a little green and treats for us! I just love my little leprechaun who took the time (and had a little reminder that morning of what day it was...) to treat us with my favorite candy, greens and balloons.
WOW...THAT'S A LOT OF CHOCOLATE! Did I mention that we have been counting calories and have been doing really well. So of course the treats added a little extra temptation...oh well. They tasted great! A shamrock type plant for me, carnations for the girls and what was suppose to be a treat for each of us, however I had to have a little of the Reese's and junior mints. For those of you that know Benjy, he also is way into the Irish, (Notre Dame) so I guess we both have adopted ourselves into being Irish! March is a great month in the Villarreal household...I just need to remind myself of that on Wednesday... the big 35 is coming my way. Yay....(remain positive, remain postive and be thankful)

5 comments:

Serena said...

I forgot it was your birthday month. Did you get a new St. Patty's shirt? I hope you have a great month, I will miss celebrating with you. Happy Birthday!!

Kathy Koch said...

I am going to try this again. I do not know what happened last time but at any rate.

Benjy again is the bomb for getting you so many fun treats..

I hope you have a great day tomorrow and can do something special with those you love...

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! Being Irish is great and I know the Irish people would love to adopt you! They are wonderful people with hearts of gold. You would fit right in!!!!!

shantel said...

Happy Birthday!