Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Helping Hands Day Two....

We wanted to get together to celebrate Shantel's Birthday, so we thought it would be great to go out again.
It was a beautiful night and we hit our neighborhood.
The pregnant ladies drove the car.
The girls just loved having little friends to go out with.
They literally ran from house to house at times. Ahhhh the energy!
I think we were out for an hour and collected 122 pounds of food. I just heard from someone in our church out in Pennsylvania who is doing the same service project. It amazes me how much can be accomplished when people come together in order to try to help others. I am just so grateful that we are willing and able to try to make a difference, especially when we know that there really are so many in need during these times. I often believe that it is the ones serving that learn the most and get the opportunity to feel extremely blessed in the process.

No comments: