Saturday, April 10, 2010

Whose Knees are These?

Spring has sprung and it has been tough on the Villarreal Girls' knees. I think after being penned up all winter, the girls are running faster, jumping higher and playing harder in order to release all that built up energy! In one week both girls had been to the school nurse, not once, but twice for their injuries. Coming home from Church, Karsyn wiped out on her already skinned knees and I think the entire neighborhood heard her crying. It was quite dramatic.Notice the opposite knees on the girls are beat up. Maybe we should invest in some knee pads.
Karsyn's knee.. we thought we might have to cut it off because it bothered her for a week!
The nurse called and said, "It's a pretty deep gash, but I don't think it requires stitches." I asked Kaydree what had happened and of course she said something about a boy and how she couldn't let him score on her? Huh? Double take? Of course she explained that they were playing soccer and she couldn't let a boy beat her to the goal and they happened to be playing on the black top.
Kyce was feeling left out, so we took a picture of his knee, too!

6 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

OH, the beautiful knees of summer. Ours turn from bruises in the winter to cuts in the summer, too.

Brenda said...

I still have scars on my knees! Not from being competitive, more from being a klutz! Oh well!

Danny and Shalayne said...

haha, so cute! Ada's had a few knees scuffs lately as well...spring has sprung I guess (and toddlerhood :)

Kathy Koch said...

THat was so cute I saw the girls knees and yes they were a little beat up.
I really had a smile when I saw Kyce had not been left out. He is so cute and I predict that there will be even more knee injuries as the years go by...

Anonymous said...

Poor girls! Kyce was adorable with that innocent little face! Love it!

shantel said...

Those little knees are a sure sign of spring! :)