Saturday, April 24, 2010

She Picked...

Julie. Karsyn has been so excited about this day for a very long day. After much deliberation and careful consideration she was set on Julie. I tried to help her weigh her options but she kept very focused on wanting Julie because of her LONG hair. Thanks to both sets of Grandparents she is brushing Julie's hair right now. We wish Grandpa and Grandma Villarreal could have joined all of us in picking up Julie, but we were thinking of them and thankful that they helped her get something that will always be very special to Karsyn. Sometimes the State of Washington feels way too far away! Maybe the next time they come to Minnesota we might have to introduce them to the American Girl Doll Store...hee hee.
That little one was smiling throughout the entire store!
Grandpa swears this store is torture for him, however I think he is actually starting to enjoy it...;-) All he says over and over again is..."Benjy, Why didn't we think of this?"
Karsyn finally got to spend all that money she has been saving. She is a great saver. Kaydree spends just about everything she gets, but not Karsyn... not unless it is something she really, really wants! She was 75 cents short, so Grandpa lent her a dollar.
I use to avoid this store...too bad I can't anymore. It's on the girls' radar, now!
We even stopped at Chevy's to get Karsyn her "Birthday Sombrero." She was a little shocked at the singing. Grandma laughed at Karsyn's reaction.
We were ready to get home, Kyce was getting fussy and then, WE GOT STUCK IN THE SEARS ELEVATOR! Did I mention I am claustrophobic? As a family we got stuck in an elevator when I was about 10...VERY BAD memories. I didn't like that feeling then and I didn't like it, yesterday! Which, I admit, I probably didn't help much when Karsyn started crying and freaking out. I felt the same way myself. The door opened about 4 inches and I was yelling to the employees walking by, " EXCUSE ME....WE ARE STUCK IN HERE!" They acted like....(let some other employee deal with this... I am busy.) Okay, in reality it was probably only 5 minutes but it felt like forever! Plus we had all eaten Mexican Food with BEANS...we didn't need to be stuck in close quarters for very long! Right, Benjy?

9 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

What alot of fun we had.. Grandpa does seem to be warming up to the American Girl Doll Store.
Karsyn was so excited and then she had a great birthday party today so she had a pretty nice weekend.
Thanks for letting us share in your fun...
The elevator did get stuck but my biggest concern was somebody having had too many beans at Chevys. It was just another adventure at least that is what I tried to convince the girls of...

The Seaman Family said...

How fun...just don't tell Bella about this store yet!!LOL. I know how excited she was and Karsyn it's a beautiful doll with pretty hair! Enjoy.

Danny and Shalayne said...

that is so precious! I have an American Girl doll too somewhere...if I can find it we will bring it to WA this summer so Ada can play with them and their dolls!

Both the girls are looking so much older to me! Stop growing up :)

Becky J. said...

Lol your baby girl is so cute!!! I LOVE the dark hair!!! I'm glad the elevator was kept "stinky" free :)

Ashton & Co. said...

I love your reality post. So true! And Karsyn is such a cutie. So lucky to have that store close to you! Fun!

Luann said...

Sounds like a fun day except for the bean o'vator.

Sissy Jackson said...

Sounds like a great day. Karsyn is darling and I love that she is a saver.

shantel said...

Emily really wants one too! So glad Karsyn got to pick out the perfect doll.

memories by Jan said...

Wow what a cool memory for her. I love the American Girl dolls and series of books for SO many reasons. MY girls were into My Little Pony - not nearly as enriching.