Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Karsyn Turned 6 Years Old...

Karsyn got to celebrate a little early with family this weekend. Karsyn is very much into what her big sister likes...AND she knows that the Twilight series is very "in" right now, so when Auntie Lori pulled out the New Moon themed plates and napkins, she was so torn over who to eat on...
Her cousins made her feel so special by making her this beautiful cake! Her Auntie Lori is amazing, she had a little party all planned just for Karsyn. Grandpa even painted Karsyn's nails, each one was a different color. Pretty sure that was a first for Grandpa and we were all laughing when he asked for his bifocal glasses so that he could see her tiny little nails. He actually did a great job, we were pretty impressed.
Yesterday was her actual Birthday and Benjy just happened to be teaching Early Morning Seminary again, so he woke Karsyn up at 5:30AM to attend Seminary and have a big McDonalds Breakfast. I asked her if she liked getting up that early and she said, "Yes, I loved it!" So I told her, "Good, I hope you remember that when you are a teenager."
Then Kyce and I went to her school to bring her Subway for lunch. I walked in as her class was in line but since I wasn't there right when they got into the lunch room, Karsyn started crying. You can tell her eyes are a little puffy in this picture. It just broke my heart when she said, "I thought you had forgotten about me and my birthday!" I know that she has felt the pain of being the MC as Kaydree calls her. "The Middle Child." I think it has been better lately but thinking that I had forgotten just about put me into tears! We love this little peanut so much and this was another reminder that we need to continue to find that one on one time with her.
Karsyn Likes:
warmed up milk
chicken legs
steak
her bible book
Dad's Bob Stories
lip gloss and nail polish
Taco Bell
Chinese Buffets
Dislikes:
popcorn
Applebees (because it's Kaydree's favorite)
Is Learning to Like:
Reading
taking her reflux medicine

11 comments:

Clint said...

Happy Birthday Karsyn. I wish we could have been there....

The "Serene" Life said...

Your dad painted her fingernails!!!!! I love it!

Samantha Hussong said...

Happy Birthday Karsie! Looks like you had a great day. We called and sang Happy Birthday to you on the answering machine but Bella was hoping to talk to you.

Laurel Criddle said...

Happy BIrthday Karsyn! How fun! Looks like she had a good day minus the crying part. Shes so cute....I can't believe how big she is getting.

shantel said...

Happy Birthday Karsyn!!

Sounds like you had a great day!

The Seaman Family said...

Happy Birthday Karsyn..thanks for letting us join you guys last night for dinner! We all really enjoyed it and I needed it! Thanks for letting us share a little part of your day!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Karsyn! Can't believe you are 6 years old already. Sounds like you enjoyed your special day. Congrats on being "6"!! (If my vote counts, I like Edward.) Take care.

Danny and Shalayne said...

happy birthday Karsyn!!! We think you are such a doll and can't wait to see you!

Linz said...

What a loved girl. Happy Birthday Karsyn! I love all the special things you did for her. She is beaming in her pics!

Ashton & Co. said...

Happy Birthday!!

Kathy Koch said...

What a wonderful birthday Karsyn has had. She is a very special little girl and it was fun to share some of her celebration with her...We love her so much...