Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Baby Girl is Turning 10!

I know that my mom had a hard time with my older brother turning 40 in December. I can't imagine how that will feel because I am having a hard time with Kaydree turning 10 years old. Our sweet baby girl came into the world 4 weeks early, feet first and with the cord wrapped around her little neck. She made a grand entrance...being a tiny little thing, weighing 5 pounds 12 ounces. Her little foot had been stuck sideways and when she was born it turned straight out. You would never know it now, especially when you watch her play soccer.
As a mother I know that there will always be something special about your first born. She is always my sidekick and I enjoy our talks as she is starting to grow into a little young lady. She is so helpful with Karsyn and Kyce . She is always asking for more responsibility to prove she is grown up and it tugs at my heart strings. It is difficult watching her grow up and yet there is something so natural about it that it is hard not to sit back and watch without being so proud of her. She has always been a "Daddy's girl," and they are so much alike that I am not surprised.
People always ask how we came up with Kaydree. My middle name was Kay and Benjy's first name is Adriel. We were thinking Kaydriel and didn't really like it so we kept playing around with the saying and spelling and came up with Kaydree. Now all of our children have a "Y" from Benjy and a "K" from Kristen, in their name.
We felt the reality of having a 10 year old when she asked for a cell phone for Christmas, an ipod touch for her birthday and a trip to the mall. This is a shock coming from my little girl who use to hate going shopping with me. Sometimes it all seems to be moving way too fast for my liking. Instead of crawling up on my lap to have a book read to her, she will read a book and tell me which ones I would enjoy reading. Where did the days of Barbie dolls and dress up clothes go and yet we have enjoyed every stage and this will bring us into an new one, I am sure.
Happy Birthday to our little skunk.

6 comments:

Danny and Shalayne said...

Awwww. Happy Birthday Kaydree!!!! You are growing up and you are such a beautiful and sweet young woman!

Kris - I know I am going to blink and that will be Ada. But at least we can say we've enjoyed the stages right?! So precious!

Samantha Hussong said...

Happy Birthday Kaydree!

Kathy Koch said...

Yes time has really flown by and sometimes it just amazes me how fast all our grandkids are growing up..
She is growing up to be a very precious young lady. She is definitely our popcorn girl never seen anybody that can eat popcorn like her.
Love you so much

Linz said...

Reading your description of her, she reminds me a lot of Violet, and if Violet grows up to be anything like Kaydree, I will be ecstatic! Love that girl!

shantel said...

Happy Birthday Kaydree!

Sissy Jackson said...

I know how you feel. But...being a TWEEN is the bomb. They are still just our little loves and then in the next moment they are grown up. Its a fun stage but it is hard when it happens to the FIRST one. Loved your words...SHE is DARLING!