Thursday, May 27, 2010

There's a Fungus Among Us...

well actually a bacteria! We knew it was coming by the way her eye oozed yesterday. She woke up looking like someone punched her in the face and with "yuck" all over her eye and face. Pillows and blankets being washed right now!
The note came home this week that Pink Eye had made a come back at the girls' school. Guess who got it, again. Doctor's office, again. Last week Kaydree (sore throat) this week Karsyn.
I put some of my, "Milk," in a syringe and put some drops into her eye last night, just to hold her off until we could get her to the doctor. Benjy laughed and thought I was crazy, however I pulled up article after article, even some based off of scientific proof of how Mother's Milk can cure pink eye (conjunctivitis) Here is just one of the articles.
http://blisstree.com/live/using-mothers-milk-to-treat-eye-conditions/?utm_source=blisstree&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=b5hubs_migration
Well we did go get antibiotic drops, just to be sure.

9 comments:

shantel said...

Poor Karsyn, that made my eyes water just looking at the pictures!

Samantha Hussong said...

Poor peanut!

Benjy said...

Yes, if you'd like to purchase some special "pink eye" medicine from Villarreal Pharmaceuticals... give me a call / we take credit cards and most insurance...

Linz said...

My eyes are watering like crazy right now. I'm so sorry! That is the worse! I'll never forget when I had it as a kid. You wake up but you can't open your eyes. Freaky!!!!

Way to go with the mother's milk--I think that's cool that you did that!

The "Serene" Life said...

Hilarious! I know who to call the next time my kids are infected!

Crystal said...

I've actually tried the milk thing and it does work. It looks like she got it bad. Hope she's better soon.

Kathy Koch said...

Poor little Karsyn She was so miserable and we are really hoping she is better today so she can come and see us....

The Miller Family said...

Bless her heart! Hope she's feeling better this morning! I've heard that about using mother's milk...has it worked thus far???

Serena said...

Is Benjy now selling your breast milk?? How is that going? LOL