Monday, May 10, 2010

His First Sleepover..

Kyce brought one of his little buddies for a sleepover at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
They played really well with each other. They both stayed in their pajamas all day and so did their Moms.
The boys let their sisters share in the sleepover fun. The girls got to play in the new hot tub.
They even got to see the new kittens. We got there Friday night and when we woke up Saturday morning there were 6 baby kittens.
I am so glad that we got to go home and celebrate Mother's Day with my Mom. We attended the Marshall Church and the girls all got to sing with their primary and that was pretty special. Then we had lunch with my Grandma, Aunt Karen and Uncle Doug before heading home. We ate way too much over the weekend, of course my mom made some of our favorite foods, and they were hard to pass up. I really needed a trip home to get away from some of the craziness of living up here and there is nothing like being with family to help ground you in the things that are of Eternal importance.
We talked to Grandma Villarreal last night and we are really looking forward to spending time with the Villarreal side of the Family this summer. It really is a bummer that our families live so far away from each other. We wish we had more time with both of our families. We really cherish the moments we do get to spend with them.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love these pictures of the boys! So cute. All of our boys are getting too big too fast! They need to slow down! The girls are adorable too...always are!

shantel said...

Thanks again, it was a nice to get away!

Clint said...

Sounds like a great weekend. We sure liked spending time at your Parent's place. VERY relaxing... :)

The Seaman Family said...

They are so cute! Looks like a great weekend away!

Serena said...

I am so glad you had a great Mother's Day. It's the best being with family!!

Kathy Koch said...

It was a great weekend We enjoyed family and friends and we got a big job out of the way Thanks again Benjy I really appreciated all the help you gave at my Mom's house.
Look forward to seeing everybody again very soon...

Kristen said...

Compared to how much food we eat at your house, and the sweet new hot tub, a couple hours of work, still won't help me earn our keep! It was actually fun and now we have stories to tell! I appreciated you doing the spider bomb ahead of time, though!

Benjy

Laurel Criddle said...

Looks like so much fun! I seriously cannot wait to gobble up that little one. Hes so darn cute. Can I just call him Kenji? He looks so much like....both of you! A cute little mix!

Linz said...

So fun! I can't believe they got to see baby kittens. What a memorable weekend.

Sissy Jackson said...

Glad that you had a great Mothers day.