Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Going Private

I went private once before and some of my friends and family couldn't figure out how to open a google account, without being confused that they weren't opening another email account. I have figured out a way to bypass that by creating a general user id and password for them to use. It will be user name "viewblog"

Going private happens for numerous reasons. In the beginning people said it was to protect their children and I do believe this is the number one reason why people should. In recent conversations with multiple people... there are many more reasons (social), which are sited:

1. People do not want others living close to them or maybe attending the same church, school or living in the same neighborhood to see what they are doing because then they hear that they are being mean in any activities that they do. Especially, if they don't invite every single person from that organization or neighborhood to participate. (which isn't physically or sanely possible)

Blogs have become a great gossiping (not necessarily bad) tool so I want to know that the people who love and care about us are the ones talking about us. This blog has been a blessing because I now want to journal about our daily lives and it has been a time and money saver compared to scrapbooking.

I also love getting to know people better through their blogs. I love seeing their little ones growing up, fun ideas that they have, family traditions to carry on and other special feelings or things that they share. I love feeling apart of others lives in a way that I might not have the chance to do, if it weren't for blogs.

Thanks to blogging I now have 2 hard cover blog books and a third one soon to come, that have recorded our family history. I only hope that someday my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will have a part of their history to pick up and read as our memories of these events start to fade. This is the number one reason I blog however it is also fun and it feels nice to know that people care enough about us to want to see what is happening in our lives!

Thank you for being one of those people!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

How do you do the blog books? I would like to print mine as well because essentially I am using it as a journal. And I have only given certain friends and family my address and I am not quite as popular as you! so not running into all that you are--actually it is a time of life thing--casual people lose interest after your babies grow up and are no longer cute! Then it is all about facebook(talk about bragging and gossiping) and by the time you get there it will be something else entirely! Hey speaking of my old kids would you like us to come up and the kids could babysit the girls and we could go do lunch together?! It would be sooo good to see you again:) Brenda

Linz said...

I love your blog and I love the Villarreals!!!!!

Sissy Jackson said...

LOVE that you are private. Im seriously thinking about it...I love your blog. Your kids are so cute!

Serena said...

Yea! I can see your blog and family again. We love and miss your family!!